• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/5/2015 - Elio Motors Inc. Names Dave Schembri To Board Of Directors

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Elio needs logistics help, and 'smart' experience is certainly relevant, but I kind of expected another Director would be attached to a source of money, i.e. buying their way onto the board - "Here's XXX Million, but we want a seat on the board". I understand Paul doesn't want to loose control, and agree with that. It's his vision, he needs to see it through. But, a Director with cash would be terrific news.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am not so sure Dave Schembri had to give his approval to the news release. As long as it is the truth they can say it. My concern is the timing. It was released Feb 5, 2015 definitely giving the impression he was added that day.

Troy, MI (PRWEB) February 05, 2015

Elio Motors, Inc., today named automotive and logistics industry veteran Dave Schembri to its Board of Directors, providing additional expertise in manufacturing, marketing and operations that will help the company launch its revolutionary $6,800 vehicle that will get up to 84 MPG.

I assumed he joined February 05, 2015 (they use the word "today") meaning he knew funding was secured but kept confidential. I then investigated and noted the time conflict. Most people would not delve deeper and assume he joined "today".

Is EM putting out Is this misleading PR taking our mind off the First Start not happening? Is this why Goofyone's inquiry yielded an explantion "clear as mud"?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
as you note, the rat in question has intimate knowledge of the inner workings and condition of the company .... for such a person to put his name out for all the industry to see, I can't believe he doesn't anticipate the company being successful
Yea, but did he bring his checkbook?

Top Bottom