• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/5/2015 - Elio Motors Inc. Names Dave Schembri To Board Of Directors

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So did I. They are naming Dave Schembri to the board of directors now, even though he has been on the board since at least November, 2013. Do we see a pattern of deception here? If he left the board at some point, he was still on as of 09/22/2014. I pulled this off the website today. All of you who are concerned about funding should take great comfort in the second paragraph as well.

https://eliomotors.zendesk.com/hc/e...at-is-the-financial-situation-of-Elio-Motors-

Financial situation: What is the financial situation of Elio Motors?
September 22, 2014 23:58

Elio Motors has been blessed with some core investors who have great resources available to them. One can just take a look at our board of investors to get a better understanding of the weight that is behind our mission. From Stu Lichter, the CEO of Investor Resources Group (the #2 commercial real estate group in the nation), to Jim Holden, the former CEO of Chrysler, Ken Way, the former CEO of Lear Seating (the company that provides 40% of all vehicle seats in the world), to David Schembri, a former Mercedes Benz executive and first President of smartUSA, we recognize that we are quite fortunate! Our management team in conjunction with our board of directors inspires a commensurate level of investment level expertise for moving forward.

Our overall strategy takes us well through year one of production and includes many pieces such that if one piece is not successful we have sufficient alternative pieces that are ready to fall into place. Most significantly, our investors are just as excited as you about our project, and therefore they are determined to make sure that we are successful- something that is wonderful to have behind us. As structured, we are extremely confident with our financial game plan, and we do recognize that this information will help you better understand who we are and how we are going to be successful where others have failed. While we are providing you with a macro level view of our finances, please know that our investors themselves have the micro level details and that our financial statement is strong.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
So did I. They are naming Dave Schembri to the board of directors now, even though he has been on the board since at least November, 2013. Do we see a pattern of deception here? If he left the board at some point, he was still on as of 09/22/2014. I pulled this off the website today. All of you who are concerned about funding should take great comfort in the second paragraph as well.

https://eliomotors.zendesk.com/hc/e...at-is-the-financial-situation-of-Elio-Motors-

Financial situation: What is the financial situation of Elio Motors?
September 22, 2014 23:58

Elio Motors has been blessed with some core investors who have great resources available to them. One can just take a look at our board of investors to get a better understanding of the weight that is behind our mission. From Stu Lichter, the CEO of Investor Resources Group (the #2 commercial real estate group in the nation), to Jim Holden, the former CEO of Chrysler, Ken Way, the former CEO of Lear Seating (the company that provides 40% of all vehicle seats in the world), to David Schembri, a former Mercedes Benz executive and first President of smartUSA, we recognize that we are quite fortunate! Our management team in conjunction with our board of directors inspires a commensurate level of investment level expertise for moving forward.

Our overall strategy takes us well through year one of production and includes many pieces such that if one piece is not successful we have sufficient alternative pieces that are ready to fall into place. Most significantly, our investors are just as excited as you about our project, and therefore they are determined to make sure that we are successful- something that is wonderful to have behind us. As structured, we are extremely confident with our financial game plan, and we do recognize that this information will help you better understand who we are and how we are going to be successful where others have failed. While we are providing you with a macro level view of our finances, please know that our investors themselves have the micro level details and that our financial statement is strong.

as I noted, some of their press releases leave much to be desired .... today's seems to be put out to help counter act some of the recent bad news .... realistically, between the release you provided and today some investor(s) could have pulled their funding or something else could have happened to .... notice, I said could have .... if the funding is or isn't there or can or can't be found, we will soon know .... I can's see anything positive about what if'n when we don't know the answers

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does it strike anyone else as odd that they would announce a new board member that has already been on the board for at least a year and a half? Does it seem coincidental that this announcement came at the same time that it was announced that unknown stakeholders had a scheduling conflict delaying the engine unveiling?

Did anyone check out James P Holden's tenure as CEO of Chrysler from Oct 1999 to Nov 2000, when he was fired after the company lost over half a billion dollars in the 3rd quarter? (I know, quoting wikipedia is lame, but you can cross-check the data.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chrysler
Then-Daimler-Benz CEO Juergen Schrempp had "promised a marriage made in heaven and huge synergies". But Martin H. Wiggers' concept of a platform strategy like the VW Group, was implemented only for a few models, so the synergy effects in development and production were too low.[51] However, it proved to be a disaster for Daimler, which poured billions of dollars into Chrysler, draining management and resources, and repeatedly dragging down its Mercedes-Benz luxury vehicle subsidiary. Chrysler President James P. Holden was responsible for misjudging the launch of the all-new 2001minivan that resulted in an expensive surplus of 2000 models, losing considerable market share to rivals (Chrysler had created and long dominated the minivan market), and also underestimated demand for the surprisingly popular PT Cruiser, resulting in a $512 million third-quarter loss in 2000 that led to his firing later that year. [52][53]

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does it strike anyone else as odd that they would announce a new board member that has already been on the board for at least a year and a half? Does it seem coincidental that this announcement came at the same time that it was announced that unknown stakeholders had a scheduling conflict delaying the engine unveiling?

Did anyone check out James P Holden's tenure as CEO of Chrysler from Oct 1999 to Nov 2000, when he was fired after the company lost over half a billion dollars in the 3rd quarter? (I know, quoting wikipedia is lame, but you can cross-check the data.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chrysler
Then-Daimler-Benz CEO Juergen Schrempp had "promised a marriage made in heaven and huge synergies". But Martin H. Wiggers' concept of a platform strategy like the VW Group, was implemented only for a few models, so the synergy effects in development and production were too low.[51] However, it proved to be a disaster for Daimler, which poured billions of dollars into Chrysler, draining management and resources, and repeatedly dragging down its Mercedes-Benz luxury vehicle subsidiary. Chrysler President James P. Holden was responsible for misjudging the launch of the all-new 2001minivan that resulted in an expensive surplus of 2000 models, losing considerable market share to rivals (Chrysler had created and long dominated the minivan market), and also underestimated demand for the surprisingly popular PT Cruiser, resulting in a $512 million third-quarter loss in 2000 that led to his firing later that year. [52][53]
Great observation, I was thinking how odd they would make an announcement on Chinese New Years! I think there is a conspiracy that perhaps, but still unconfirmed, that when Chinese New Years follows Friday the 13th, and high tide in Dublin occurs at 2:13 they are hiding something We have to watch the moon phase these next few days and see just what's going on behind EM closed doors. Keep up the great insights, you do have a nose for sniffing this out!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh sorry, just noticed you b a newbie. Welcome from the Great State of Florida.
This will be my final post of the evening it's IX:XIII, and time for my nappy - expecting the coldest night of the season, maybe below 30 -which if it holds for 2 days, your glass of tropicana will exceed the CPI for the year

Top Bottom