• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/5/2015 - Elio Motors Inc. Names Dave Schembri To Board Of Directors

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please refer to the edit in my post above.

Still don't see where you're getting Oct. '13. Everything you just linked stated Apr. '14, which presented the other four members. So you're saying he was with Elio a full 7 months prior? Not being a smartass, just attempting to verify your claims. Can't find anything to collaborate it.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Still don't see where you're getting Oct. '13. Everything you just linked stated Apr. '14, which presented the other four members. So you're saying he was with Elio a full 7 months prior? Not being a smartass, just attempting to verify your claims. Can't find anything to collaborate it.
Please click on the link in my post #40 on this thread. There is a pic of him on elio's website dated 10/21/13. That's where I'm getting October. I personally remember him being on the board in November 2013 from written documentation. If you go through the links from zelio, she commented that she had seen him on the board per the website in January 2014. See post #11.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/new-board-of-directors-members.1123/page-2

You could also search this forum for Schembri, as I did.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please click on the link in my post #40 on this thread. There is a pic of him on elio's website dated 10/21/13. That's where I'm getting October. I personally remember him being on the board in November 2013 from written documentation. If you go through the links from zelio, she commented that she had seen him on the board per the website in January 2014. See post #11.
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/new-board-of-directors-members.1123/page-2

You could also search this forum for Schembri, as I did.

Fair enough, thanks for the enlightenment.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
for a good while EM has been re-releasing a bunch of info/reports/blogs/pictures/etc in the form of news releases .... this is just a hunch (no insider info at all) but I suspect their reason for doing so is to try and continually reach new potential customers who may not have seen prior releases .... many of us have posted statements related to releases of info that we've seen several times .... it has been pointed out here that most folks have never don't follow EM as closely as those on this forum .... also we often see post from new members who mention info they have read for the first time that some have seen several times .... I tend to believe that the release about David Schembri falls in that category .... over time I've never bothered to go to EM's website and read about the members of the board .... the re-release about Schembri was probably timed to help show EM has personnel in a key position who has experience working with the issues the company is currently facing .... over time I've noted that from my point of view, whoever they have writing/releasing information could do a better job .... this might be another example .... here again, just a theory based on past observations

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it is quite possible that, as Bert alluded to, that Mr. Shembri has "moved up a spot" on the BOD. And IMHO, This probably followed an "infusion of capital".
Now, because he has been "in photos" in '13 doesn't mean he has been "on the board" since that time. I am personally aware of instances where an exec "hangs around and observes" for 6 months, or longer, before making a commitment. Nothing unusual. Actually (in my opinion) that just makes his decision more impressive.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think it is quite possible that, as Bert alluded to, that Mr. Shembri has "moved up a spot" on the BOD. And IMHO, This probably followed an "infusion of capital".
Now, because he has been "in photos" in '13 doesn't mean he has been "on the board" since that time. I am personally aware of instances where an exec "hangs around and observes" for 6 months, or longer, before making a commitment. Nothing unusual. Actually (in my opinion) that just makes his decision more impressive.
<deleted snarky comment>

EDIT: I apologize. That came across pretty snarky. Let me rephrase that: From reading both of the announcements, I can only conclude that either a deliberate attempt at deception was made, or somebody is really out of the loop as to what is going on. My guess is the former.

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
<deleted snarky comment>

EDIT: I apologize. That came across pretty snarky. Let me rephrase that: From reading both of the announcements, I can only conclude that either a deliberate attempt at deception was made, or somebody is really out of the loop as to what is going on. My guess is the former.
<deleted snarky comment>

And my guess is, we are all "out of the loop"...because of NDA's. :)

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think EM should clear up these questions about Mr. Shembri in one of their emails.

It would be a lot more relevant and interesting than the other "stuff" in their emails.

Top Bottom