• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/5/2015 - Elio Motors Inc. Names Dave Schembri To Board Of Directors

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dave Schembri has been on elio motors' board of directors since at least 21 Oct 2013.
http://www.eliomotors.com/?attachment_id=392

This is not "news". elio announced it through PRWEB the day before the scheduled engine unveiling. They have now released it as though it were current news in tech talk v56 and on facebook. I would love to be "set straight" on how they would not be aware that the guy has been on their board of directors for at least a year and four months. I'm being accused of calling the all-in people stupid, but I have not used the term. How do you think elio motors feels about you when they think that you will not realize that their news announcement is 16 (or more) months out of date? Please do your research. Please ask yourselves why would they make an announcement 16 months late and call it news? Why now?

There is a serious problem at elio motors. It's not just funding, and I didn't cause it.
How do we know you didn't cause it? just because you say it doesn't make it fact. What proof do you present it wasn't you??

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Dave Schembri has been on elio motors' board of directors since at least 21 Oct 2013.

This is not "news". elio announced it through PRWEB the day before the scheduled engine unveiling. They have now released it as though it were current news in tech talk v56 and on facebook. I would love to be "set straight" on how they would not be aware that the guy has been on their board of directors for at least a year and four months. I'm being accused of calling the all-in people stupid, but I have not used the term. How do you think elio motors feels about you when they think that you will not realize that their news announcement is 16 (or more) months out of date? Please do your research. Please ask yourselves why would they make an announcement 16 months late and call it news? Why now?

There is a serious problem at elio motors. It's not just funding, and I didn't cause it.
On this, agreed. They have announced him joining the board multiple times, each time as if it just happened, and is a real cause for worry. This is simply shady.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Took your advise, Copy/Paste from Bloomberg Business:

Mr. David C. Schembri, also known as Dave, serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Active Aero Group. Mr. Schembri served as the Head of Retail Operations at Penske Automotive Group, Inc. since January 2010. Mr. Schembri holds more than 30 years of corporate automotive marketing experience. Mr. Schembri served as Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. from February 2005 to February 2006. Mr. Schembri also worked with ... Mercedes-Benz USA, where he served in a number of positions, including Vice President of Marketing; President and Vice President of Smart USA; Vice President of Sales, West and Vice President & General Manager for the New York and L.A. regions, respectively. During his 11-year tenure, he helped successfully launch Mercedes SL, E-Class, CLK, AWD C-Class and Maybach. He served as the President of Smart USA Distributor LLC. He also led the development and implementation of a certified pre-owned and remarketing program as well as the regional dealer advertising program. Prior to Mercedes-Benz USA, he held a number of positions at Volkswagen of America over the course of 16 years, including Director of Marketing, Director of Dealer financial services, Manager of National Sales Operations and Sales Manager of the western zone. He worked for American Motors Corporation in a variety of areas, including planning and forecasting, and corporate finance. He has been Director at Elio Motors, Inc. since February 2015. Mr. Schembri is a graduate of University of Detroit, where he holds Bachelor's of science Degree in Business Administration and Master's of Business Administration Degree in Marketing and Finance.

Well?o_O

Edit: Here's the link - http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=20579634&ticker=PAG

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score

Mr. David C. Schembri, also known as Dave, serves as Chief Executive Officer of the Active Aero Group. Mr. Schembri served as the Head of Retail Operations at Penske Automotive Group, Inc. since January 2010. Mr. Schembri holds more than 30 years of corporate automotive marketing experience. Mr. Schembri served as Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing of Mitsubishi Motors North America Inc. from February 2005 to February 2006. Mr. Schembri also worked with ... Mercedes-Benz USA, where he served in a number of positions, including Vice President of Marketing; President and Vice President of Smart USA; Vice President of Sales, West and Vice President & General Manager for the New York and L.A. regions, respectively. During his 11-year tenure, he helped successfully launch Mercedes SL, E-Class, CLK, AWD C-Class and Maybach. He served as the President of Smart USA Distributor LLC. He also led the development and implementation of a certified pre-owned and remarketing program as well as the regional dealer advertising program. Prior to Mercedes-Benz USA, he held a number of positions at Volkswagen of America over the course of 16 years, including Director of Marketing, Director of Dealer financial services, Manager of National Sales Operations and Sales Manager of the western zone. He worked for American Motors Corporation in a variety of areas, including planning and forecasting, and corporate finance. He has been Director at Elio Motors, Inc. since February 2015. Mr. Schembri is a graduate of University of Detroit, where he holds Bachelor's of science Degree in Business Administration and Master's of Business Administration Degree in Marketing and Finance.

Well?o_O

Edit: Here's the link - http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=20579634&ticker=PAG
Elio has previously announced him in other tech talks.

eliothegreat

Elio Addict
Reaction score

<snip>

Well?o_O

Well, what? I saw the link before I posted. That just makes the deception more obviously intentional. Dave has been on the board since at least October 2013, and elio is now putting out press releases that are going into the business media. From bloomberg's take on the press release, it is clear that they took it to mean that he was just appointed. You have only proved my point. I knew Schembri was on the board in November of 2013. You just found out about it this month. Bloomberg just found out about it. That doesn't change the facts. All of us old-timer enthusiasts knew about it. Dave is one of the main reasons elio decided to go with an AMT instead of a true automatic. And he was let go at smartUSA because of poor sales, just as holden was let go at Chrysler for poor van sales and a half-billion dollar loss.

I hope that answers your question.

EDIT> Since you don't believe me, perhaps you will believe zelio:
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/tech-talk-v9-from-body-styling-to-advising-body.951/#post-9160
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/new-board-of-directors-members.1123/#post-12811

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, what? I saw the link before I posted. That just makes the deception more obviously intentional. Dave has been on the board since at least October 2013, and elio is now putting out press releases that are going into the business media. From bloomberg's take on the press release, it is clear that they took it to mean that he was just appointed. You have only proved my point. I knew Schembri was on the board in November of 2013. You just found out about it this month. Bloomberg just found out about it. That doesn't change the facts. All of us old-timer enthusiasts knew about it. Dave is one of the main reasons elio decided to go with an AMT instead of a true automatic. And he was let go at smartUSA because of poor sales, just as holden was let go at Chrysler for poor van sales and a half-billion dollar loss.

I hope that answers your question.

So you're saying you can't believe everything you read on the internet? Say it isn't so!

Top Bottom