• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
9-4-16 .... Green Flag due to drop at 6:20 PM Eastern in the Bojangles' Southern 500 .... wonder how many folks out of the Southern part of the country know what Bojangles' is ..:).. race time weather forecast 82 degrees, 58% humidity, 0% chance of rain .... Harvick on the pole

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats to 78 .... if the pit crew for the 4 had of switched air guns earlier, the story may have been different .... my girl finished 24th, that's about as expected

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a good race; I'm so glad they put Darlington back on the schedule.
And it is amazing that a one car team can do so well (alright, one car with a lot of input from Gibbs Racing).
One more race till the Chase starts; I really hope Elliot gets in on a win and not just have to depend on points.
For a first year Rookie, that boy can drive! Putting him in the 24 didn't hurt either.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's Richmond tonight; they've already run close to 300 of 400 laps; few cautions (which is surprising on a short track; Richmond is 3/4 mile)

But.... When the race does a commercial, right before they go back to the race, they flash a ad picture of the P4!!
I've seen it 4 times so far; it lasts (more like flashes up) for about 2 to 3 seconds.

How unexpected is that?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats to the 11 for tonight's win at Richmond .... good short track race .... my girl finished 15th, had a top ten going till the 2 & the 5 bumped her on a late restart and cut a tire .... nursing that tire, she did well to finish .... Tony needs to hang it up now, his temper is out of control .... no way he should have lost it and wrecked Newman ... I was flipping between the race and the Tenn vs WVA game, missed the Elio commercial ... have had three calls and 2 emails from friends wanting to know if I'd seen it .. :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It was Newman that was out of control tonight; the crashes were paybacks.
You missed it between Brad and Matt K. earlier.

I did see their running into each other .... they have a long history of less than gentlemanly interactions .. :confused:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Kyle Larson had a great night too. Definitely part of the future of NASCAR
About time; he's already been racing in cup for 4 years, and just got his first win this year. He was very competitive the first year, and came very close to winning a few; but racing luck came in and took it away; he was going downhill since. Then this year it was a make or break; and he broke quite a few times earlier in the year. Somehow got it turned around right towards the end of the year, and has been strong ever since. (Yes, I'm a Larson fan).
But more than Larson; I like what I see in Chase Elliot's potential; he will be around for a long time unless he gets hurt; then all bets are off.

Top Bottom