• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
congrats to 78 .... if the pit crew for the 4 had of switched air guns earlier, the story may have been different .... my girl finished 24th, that's about as expected

I don't know why your girl is always an "also ran". Is she just not a risk taker? Or perhaps intimidated by the folks at the top? It seems that if she can run so consistently, she should be at the front sooner or later.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know why your girl is always an "also ran". Is she just not a risk taker? Or perhaps intimidated by the folks at the top? It seems that if she can run so consistently, she should be at the front sooner or later.

most teams have a car that has a worse record than the others ....why isn't the 5 car doing as for Hendrick .... she has a top 20 team but hasn't shown she can move above that .... in several races over the last few seasons she has finished above Tony .... it will either come in time or not

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
most teams have a car that has a worse record than the others ....why isn't the 5 car doing as for Hendrick .... she has a top 20 team but hasn't shown she can move above that .... in several races over the last few seasons she has finished above Tony .... it will either come in time or not
One sure sign for her is Go Daddy dropped her, and she's not as marketable as she was because of her results.
I think that's one reason they have kept her, she can still draw marketing, just not as big time as she did before.

Is she and Stinkhouse (17 car) still an item?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the green flag is set to drop on the second race of the chase at 2PM Eastern today's 300 lap at New Hampshire .... Harvick is on the outside looking in, it will be interesting to see how well he can come through the field from his 19th starting position

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Disappointed that the yellow came out and Kenseth did not win. He deserved to do so.

the only good thing about that yellow is its cause was a wreck .... sometimes with debris on the track and such, it can call to question if they just throw it to setup a big finish

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One sure sign for her is Go Daddy dropped her, and she's not as marketable as she was because of her results.
I think that's one reason they have kept her, she can still draw marketing, just not as big time as she did before.

Is she and Stinkhouse (17 car) still an item?

IDK, but they both suck. DP is one of the most overrated drivers of all time. She never had good results! EVER! She is a marketing machine and that is the only reason that she is in Nascar. She sucks, she sucks, she sucks! Just look at here stats. I could tell she wouldn't do anything when she first got in. All the idiots kept saying how you had to give her a few years. BS. You can usually see when someone has talent their first year. They don't have to win, but you can see it there. For example, Chase Elliott and Ryan Blaney.

Although, you might not like 99% of what I say on this forum, you may like this. I went to Darlington. Great as usual. Immediately after the finish, I snuck my way into the drivers/teams/garage area. (I actually live streamed it to my facebook.). I saw Harvick (and Delana), Johnson, Blaney, McMurray, and Keselowski drive right by me. I mean a foot or 2 away. By the time I got back there, the only cars I could see were Newmans, Larsons and Truex's (the winner). I was right next to those cars. Saw the 78 car go through inspection several times and was standing right next to the Nascar officials. I actually talked to an older gentleman that was with the 78 team on how they should have a lot more wins. He was a nice guy. I then walked through the garages and down pit lane. I also checked out victory lane also. It was a good time!

Did I mention how bad Danica Patrick is? She sucks.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the only good thing about that yellow is its cause was a wreck .... sometimes with debris on the track and such, it can call to question if they just throw it to setup a big finish

Yea, the caution for "debris" always seems to come up at a very convenient time to build up drama. I just assume a caution will come out with less than 10 laps even if there isn't a crash.

I also hate when someone in the very back just slightly gets in the wall and they throw the caution. By the time they throw it, the driver is already at the bottom getting ready to go into the pits.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea, the caution for "debris" always seems to come up at a very convenient time to build up drama. I just assume a caution will come out with less than 10 laps even if there isn't a crash.

I also hate when someone in the very back just slightly gets in the wall and they throw the caution. By the time they throw it, the driver is already at the bottom getting ready to go into the pits.
You mean you think it's all staged? <Gasp! Heaven forbid such an idea> :eek:
NASCAR was asked about this before and they completely deny any staged action.
Brian and Helton would never allow this because they follow all the rules they make up. ;)

Top Bottom