• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the big boys are on the track at Kansas ... the 18 won stage 1 .... they have less than 20 laps left in stage 2 .... so far, tough night for the Chevy drivers

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
on 200th lap the 22 turned into Danica and caused one heck of a fiery wreck .... she seems to be OK but was one ticked off lady .... the 43 crashed into the 10 & 22 and they had to cut Almirola out of the 43

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here here!! That was a really good race for a change. The 21 was trying. oh he was trying hard, but only ended up with 4th at the end.

I want to know what happened with the 43, he was charging when he hit them; which tells me there was something wrong with the car.
When he hit the 22, the back end of his car was in the air, with the back tires spinning, like the throttle was stuck wide open. Very strange.
And no brakes? What happened to him?
While he was in the car, you could see him moving, and talking, then the one worker blocked view of him, and he was quiet after that, I know he got a big hypo of feel good while they pulled him out; because he wasn't moving when the stuck him in the ambulance.
Then the helicopter take him over the Halifax Hosp. to "observe" him for the night (aka wait till he comes to). Something stuck in the 43 and we'll probably never here what it was; or we'll get the "blah blah blah" story that sounds likely, but is very questionable.
We'll have to wait and see.

Elf

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="JEBar, post: 183655, member: 2726" she seems to be OK but was one ticked off lady [/QUOTE]I wonder if she ties Ricky to the bed .

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think any of her wrath was directed at Ricky .... Danica's wreck was caused by contact from Logano .... they believe a brake rotor exploded causing him to lose control .... Almirola ran into them running wide open .... link to a short video of the wreck :

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...ic-almirola-danica-patrick.5433335832001.html

its been a while since I've seen so much fire .... that had to be scary

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It's night time, and those flames are going to show a whole lot more.
Most of it was outside the cars, and not in were they saw it, Danacan't had the best view of the flames up under the 43; that is if she was busy looking in that direction.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
on 200th lap the 22 turned into Danica and caused one heck of a fiery wreck .... she seems to be OK but was one ticked off lady .... the 43 crashed into the 10 & 22 and they had to cut Almirola out of the 43

She has a right to be ticked off. Not every event is caused by her or singular bad luck. I just think there is a margin of respect that is not afforded her on the track that is afforded to other drivers. Am I the only person that believes this? :rolleyes:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
She has a right to be ticked off. Not every event is caused by her or singular bad luck. I just think there is a margin of respect that is not afforded her on the track that is afforded to other drivers. Am I the only person that believes this? :rolleyes:

I don't have any doubt that was true with some drivers during her first year and to a degree continues to the present .... earning the respect of top level drivers often involves showing them that retaliation will come .... over time there have been many examples which illustrate that point, Dale Sr and Tony are good examples .... it can also be earned by winning and by handling their vehicles over time in a manner that other drivers recognize as being on their level .... I do believe she is making inroads on big tracks with many drivers by the way she races them .... don't think that is the same with shorter tracks .... at Kansas she was having a really good run .... she finished 12th in the second stage and was running strong in the third stage when she was wrecked .... I sure hope she can keep that up

Top Bottom