• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like Matt is looking for a job for next year:

Kenseth uncertain on future, but doesn’t think it’s with JGR

By Staff Report NASCAR.com July 7, 2017 at 9:49 am

Veteran Matt Kenseth said he was unsure if he’d be driving in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in 2018, but if he is it likely will not be with Joe Gibbs Racing.

Kenseth, 45, currently drives the No. 20 Toyota for JGR and was asked about his future during a press conference Friday morning at Kentucky Speedway.

“I’m not really worried about it but as of today, I do not have a job for next year,” Kenseth said. “I hope to still be racing. … I don’t have anything lined up at this moment for 2018. I haven’t worked on anything real hard. But I do not think I will have the option to return to race at JGR next year, unfortunately.”

Thought to be in the final year of his contract, Kenseth’s name has been linked to the impending open No. 88 ride at Hendrick Motorsports. The logic is that Kenseth would replace the retiring Dale Earnhardt Jr. in that car, paving the way for Erik Jones to join Joe Gibbs Racing — and stay in the Toyota stable — in the No. 20.

When asked about possibly driving the No. 88, Kenseth said: “I probably already said too much about what I’m not doing next year.”

Earnhardt was asked about Kenseth’s reveal during his afternoon press availability at Kentucky on Friday.

“Matt will get a job,” Earnhardt said. “He’s so good and so talented that he’ll be in a great car with a great opportunity next year no less than what he has this year.”

Kenseth currently is the final seed in the 2017 playoff field. He’s winless this year, but has 38 career victories at NASCAR’s top level and has been a full-time driver in the Monster Energy Series since 2000.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Kurt blows an engine sending the race into Overtime and costing the 78 a win at the regulation distance .... that said, congrats to the 78 for winning all 3 stages .... to me the most impressive car in the race was the 42 who literally came from the back of the field twice and still finished second .... my girl ran a steady race, finished 15th

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the 42 and 78 were the class of the field .... the 42 passed more cars than anyone else .... the big boys and girl are due to be at New Hampshire Motor Speedway next Sunday (July 16th) .... New Hampshire is a 1 mile track (OK, to be exact) a 1.056 mile track .. ;) .. I believe I heard them announce that there will not be another 1.5 mile track until the Chase which has several of them

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
why do I pull for Danica's race team ? .... the answer is simple, William Lee .... here is a link to a TV-5 sports news report on him .... http://www.wralsportsfan.com/from-w...ngineer-is-living-a-childhood-dream/16812043/ .... my wife taught William High School chemistry and physics and I served as a trainer for the school's wrestling team of which he was a member .... he's a fine young man .... a few years ago he gave us a personal tour of Stewart-Haas racing that we both thoroughly enjoyed ....

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooh, that smarts! I am going to need an emotional Bandaid.:(
What? You like her too? Who is she driving for next year? Her contract at Stewart/Haas is up at the end of this year, and they have not made any mention that they are re-signing her. The sponsors she originally brought with her, are gone, and she's not having the best of luck signing new ones.

Top Bottom