• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we didn't get to meet her, wish we had .... we did meet several members of the crew who were in the shop building cars for coming races .... all of the fellows we met seemed to be top quality .... I made the comment a while back about her prospects for next season .... there appear to be several drivers who are under similar circumstances .... time will tell, for all of them

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If she doesn't get a ride for NASCAR, I wouldn't be surprised to see her go back to open wheel (which she did before).
Well that is, if her "friends" in Indy car can find a spot for her.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
she is apparently a pretty good business woman .... she now has her own clothing line and has an a winery in California

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What? You like her too? Who is she driving for next year? Her contract at Stewart/Haas is up at the end of this year, and they have not made any mention that they are re-signing her. The sponsors she originally brought with her, are gone, and she's not having the best of luck signing new ones.

JeBar and I will start a "Go fund me" page on Facebook. I think she could eventually win one if she could just keep all of the tires on the pavement. We need some data analysis. What positions are visited by the most multicar accidents and how to stay out of those positions. I have observed that the person in front wins and those in the front 7-8 have the best chance of finishing. I may write and tell her. I think she is overlooking this.:D

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
She's still a mid pack car, and she should be a lot better by now.
She's had good equipment, and good support, but she just doesn't have that "killer" instinct.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe both of you are right about the "killer instinct". I raced motocross and if you are not prepared to take someone out once in a while, someone will take you out. You have got to be a threat to those who need to be threatened. I don't see it in her. IMHO

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
She's got attitude, just not in the right places.
Remember when the other girl from South America came up to race?
Oh, they were mixing it up like two wildcats.
At the same time, Danica was arguing with everyone.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hendrick Motorsports has named Alex Bowman to the No. 88 for the 2018 season ..... I'm not surprised but do think they could have done better

Top Bottom