• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And remember what I said about the lugnuts?
No. 18 Toyota found with loose lug nut post-Pocono victory

By Staff Report NASCAR.com July 30, 2017 at 7:02 pm

RELATED: Busch breaks winless streak at Pocono | Full race results

NASCAR officials found a loose lug nut on the race-winning No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota following Kyle Busch’s victory in Sunday’s Overton’s 400 at Pocono Raceway.

Busch’s victory was his first of the 2017 season and broke a winless streak that dated back to Indianapolis in 2016, a stretch of 36 races.

The NASCAR Rule Book suggests a $10,000 fine to the crew chief (in this case Adam Stevens) with no suspension as punishment.

The No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford of Trevor Bayne and the No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford of Ricky Stenhouse Jr. also were each missing one lug nut in post-race inspection. Crew chiefs Matt Puccia (No. 6) and Brian Pattie (No. 17) are subject to the $10,000 fine with no suspension, as suggested in the NASCAR Rule Book.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
a $10,000 fine means next to nothing to most top level NASCAR teams .... with the fact that this is the third time for the 18 in the last few races, my guess is they figure the split second they save in not tightening all lug nuts is worth the track position

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
No, not really, but he did have a year left on his contract, he was the one that decided to leave.
He's never said why.
So lots of veterans looking for rides next year, or retiring.
Kurt Busch, Dale Earnhart Jr., Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, haven't heard anything from the Danacan't camp, or who's riding in the 77 next year, this is going to be a very busy off season.
Your going to need a program to figure out who's in what car.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the green flag is set to drop at 3PM Eastern at Michigan this afternoon .... the race is set to be carried on NBCSN .... looks like it could be a pretty close race, my girl starts 18th with a qualifying speed a half second behind the pole winner

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the green flag is set to drop at 3PM Eastern at Michigan this afternoon .... the race is set to be carried on NBCSN .... looks like it could be a pretty close race, my girl starts 18th with a qualifying speed a half second behind the pole winner

I plan to watch today.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, but it's Michigan, and it's a long, low excitement race.
California is a copy of it, they were once both owned by Penske.

And I'm picking possibly Blaney to win it, that is if he makes it to the end.

Top Bottom