• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
38 laps to go and the 19 sure hit hard .... with any luck, given another wreck or two my girl could break into the top 10

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congratulations to the 20 for a hard fought win

Danica finished 13th .... we only needed one more big wreck ..:D

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
At the rate they were wrecking she might have won.
I was waiting for Larson (42) to take out the 20 so the new kid, Chase could have won (I was pulling for him)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm; I didn't know Kahne was leaving. The buy out? Maybe; Rick is a business man first, a good guy second; I think if Kasey couldn't find a ride, Rick would let him either drive in a different series, or let him be a test driver like Hornish was for Penske.

That's what S-H is doing with Bowyer; they found him a "in-between" team until Tony's seat is empty. That way they keep Bowyer signed so no one can take him, and he's not sitting idle on the sidelines

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
It was amazing that he had the lead almost flag to flag; what was it, he lead 392 of 400 laps.
The last person to dominate a race flag to flag was Ward Burton at New Hampshire.

RMClubfitter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It was amazing that he had the lead almost flag to flag; what was it, he lead 392 of 400 laps.
The last person to dominate a race flag to flag was Ward Burton at New Hampshire.

I remember the 2000 race at New Hampshire (Yr Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin died in crashes) Nascar mandated Restrictor Plates. Jeff Burton led all 300 laps of that September race. Would Petty Enterprises still be in Randleman, NC if Adam had lived. Kenny Irwin is sometimes forgotten but even though he raced in less than 100 races there were a lot of high hopes he would be a champion one day.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I remember the 2000 race at New Hampshire (Yr Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin died in crashes) Nascar mandated Restrictor Plates. Jeff Burton led all 300 laps of that September race. Would Petty Enterprises still be in Randleman, NC if Adam had lived. Kenny Irwin is sometimes forgotten but even though he raced in less than 100 races there were a lot of high hopes he would be a champion one day.
That's right; it was Jeff, not his brother Ward.

Top Bottom