• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I grew up riding my dirt bike on the old "Sears Point" raceway and have watched it develop into what it is today. My youngest son (age 48) currently races his motorcycle there.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congratulations to the 2 car, the Fords looked good at Daytona today .... Tony now sits three points inside of the top 30 -- which is where he needs to be in order to make the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and compete for his fourth championship .... as it stands now, he's in.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Would have been even nicer if he didn't break something and hit the wall.
He would have finished in the top 5.

And someone forcing Kurt down to the infield wasn't very cool; but he almost did save it for a "pass in the grass" (you have to be a long time fan to know this one) but it was so wet he had to settle for sliding across the finish line sideways.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
so far the 4 has been the class of the field .... they just tied the record (12) for the number of cautions at Kentucky .... several good cars have been taken out and of course the 10 car took a hit in the front end .... she's on the lead lap and has fought her way back to 18th

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats to the 2 on a fuel conservation race .... the 14 finished 5th which helps his Chase chances .... my girl finished 17

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Carl Edwards waited about half a lap too long before beginning to run down Brad. Had he started sooner I believe he would have passed him or caused him to totally run out of fuel.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
congrats to the 2 on a fuel conservation race .... the 14 finished 5th which helps his Chase chances .... my girl finished 17
"your girl" was lucky to finish at all; she came really close to stuffing it when that big crash happened; she did get LF damage, but not too serious.
I don't think anyone was happy with the new aero package; way too easy to have it swap ends if you make even the slightest mistake, or someone is near you. When will they stop trying to make the cars dangerous to really "Race" with other drivers? Or what they (Brian and his boys) call "tighten up the competition"?

Top Bottom