• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Production A Long Shot...

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The story of Preston Tucker sounds a lot like Paul Elio for sure, but I hope the ending is different. It is sad to listen to Glenn discuss how the inventors and innovators are held back by the entrenched ideas and regulation. It may be that money and time are the major requirements to implement any new technology. We definitely need a lot more people like Preston and Paul. We could also have more innovative ways to dispose of waste, generate electricity, clean use of oil and gas, better homes to live in and many other technology that will make our lives better. I am not one who believes that technology will save the planet, but we are way ahead of the dirty air that existed in London and hundreds of other cities 100 years ago due to the open burning of coal in every home, and the outside open sewers. I am 100% convinced though that we could do a lot better with the technology than without. Clean burning ICE cars are still viable and economical. Electricity generation is still expensive and not entirely without its pollution. I hope it gets better. 80+ MPG in a full enclosure is nothing to scoff at. Paul would probably put 4 wheels on it if regulations were not quite as stifling. 3 wheels should be the faster way to production. I dislike the heavy weight of regulation by officials who are not experts in the field, but only experts in regulation. Henry Ford, Orville and Wilber Wright, and a bunch of others would never have made it in todays system. Hard to say what will happen in the next few years, will they drain the swamp, will there be less regulation, more jobs, cleaner air and environment, more tolerance, safer world, a Rocket Silver Elio in my driveway. I can only hope, but I really want my Elio.

Go Paul.

Top Bottom