• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since this user appeared, I have suspected that this was a pseudonym for another user who has been put on many Ignore lists. The language is cleaned up some, but the same old stuff is starting to creep back in no matter how hard they try to cover it up. Even if it is a new person doing the typing, the mouthpiece is just being toned down some in translation.
This is a forum for commentary on the Elio. We might be a bunch of suckers, but we choose to follow this vehicle until we are either driving it or the project ends. Even if another company puts out a similar product Mr. Elio can be proud in his ideas and work leading to a product that makes a change. Personal attacks are petty, annoying, and show a disturbing joy in beating on other people for no real reason. The only goal for that action is to sink the Elio --- and we ALL know there are a couple reservations staked out, so that makes no sense at all. Enjoy the ride or move on.
Now I have two users in my Ignore list. :)
Such nasty words from a lady who has soo much faith in Elio that she has not put one cent into a reservation

Debbie Bruce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sndy cwv. sticks and stones , So why haven't you reserved an Elio? I mean a hundred bucks? You have all the faith, back it up . Poor Paul needs your support not the people on this site.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe because I work in design for construction related projects, I'm not so bothered, no timeline is ever accurate, and they never finish early. There is a constant push from owners and those in charge to give unrealistic timelines, and things just slide from there. Only during the final stage of design, which can be years after initial design, is there a realistic construction timeline given, and even then, that timeline usually slips a little.

My only concern for getting this Elio built is that a lot of the general public actually expect these Elio build date projections to be accurate, and since the Elio needs momentum and good will from the public to get this to production, the continued delays will erode public confidence.

View attachment 1084

For me it already has I have been following this since late 2012 and they started the process in 08.... Bet the Execs are getting paid plenty! If no ELIO 3rd quarter 2015 F@@K them. I'll lose my 100 bucks. Delays and excuses and eccentric trinkets like the Eligin dash. I've got a beater that is running for running back and forth to work....It will last one more winter. If we still have a country and an Economy and the 3rd quarter Rolls around and no Elio I'll be looking at 2016 GM and Ford products. Double D

Last edited:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You sound like retired or current Law enforcement.......I'm retired and still follow the old ways.
Double D

Retired medical, actually. Learned to survive in combat. Navy, medical, attached to Marine rifle unit in Vietnam, 1969. Trust myself and Very few others. . . . ., but ALWAYS have trusted a solid wall behind me with knowledge of all possible avenues of trouble, and options to escape. :-) That may one day fail me, but if it does, it will be because it was MY fault, and not someone else's.

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Retired medical, actually. Learned to survive in combat. Navy, medical, attached to Marine rifle unit in Vietnam, 1969. Trust myself and Very few others. . . . ., but ALWAYS have trusted a solid wall behind me with knowledge of all possible avenues of trouble, and options to escape. :) That may one day fail me, but if it does, it will be because it was MY fault, and not someone else's.
Thank you for your Service!

Top Bottom