• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

PhilGoings

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As much as I would like to have an Elio, if there is one more delay in production I will be forced to wait until they come out at a dealership if that is what they do. I lease cars and as it stands now I won't be able to get another car after my lease is over next year as I don't want to get stuck in a lease while buying an Elio. I can ride my motorcycle until the snow starts, then I have to do something. So if there is another delay I will lease another car and in three years if the Elio is on the market I will get one then. The only good thing about this is in three years the Elio will be a proven technology with the bugs (if any) are worked out. And if the whole thing fails to work out I will not have lost a thing. Here's hoping all goes well and we all get what we want by the end of next year, Good luck to all.

Reaction score
As much as I would like to have an Elio, if there is one more delay in production I will be forced to wait until they come out at a dealership if that is what they do. I lease cars and as it stands now I won't be able to get another car after my lease is over next year as I don't want to get stuck in a lease while buying an Elio. I can ride my motorcycle until the snow starts, then I have to do something. So if there is another delay I will lease another car and in three years if the Elio is on the market I will get one then. The only good thing about this is in three years the Elio will be a proven technology with the bugs (if any) are worked out. And if the whole thing fails to work out I will not have lost a thing. Here's hoping all goes well and we all get what we want by the end of next year, Good luck to all.

Yea, I understand the leasing stuff. But, HEY PHIL, You all coming the the sit-down dinner meeting THIS COMING SATURDAY?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"We have assessed the equipment needs of our plant in Shreveport, La., and expect to be prepared for production in the third quarter of 2015."

Shoot me. Shoot me now. :eek:
If he had said the second half of 2015 it would not have sounded so ominous. Are we becoming so desensitized so as to even believe even a word the President says? First Lie out of his mouth was, Hi I'm Barack Obama. LOL One more delay and I'm voting for Mr Elio for President.

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never really 'bought' the LAWYERS and 'assessing the plant equipment' explanations;....... this sounds more 'reasonable' for the DELAY:
  • Elio is a work in progress. I was hoping the new version would include the company’s engine, but Jerome Vassallo, Elio’s ex-VW vice president of sales, told me that now exists as a cast block. Elio hopes to have the 900-cc three-cylinder, 55-horsepower unit from IAVin place at the company’s Detroit engineering headquarters by the end of the summer,

• Vassallo told me that delays were due to money issues and getting the engine ready, but Elio is now “fully funded to production.”

• http://www.cartalk.com/blogs/jim-motavalli/crowd-pleaser-6800-84-mpg-elio-getting-closer

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I never really 'bought' the LAWYERS and 'assessing the plant equipment' explanations;....... this sounds more 'reasonable' for the DELAY:
Thank you for posting that. I couldn't get the video to work but the rest was great. I had read the previous commentary by this gentleman and have been waiting for an update. I am so glad he got to see it in NYC. :-) Z

Top Bottom