• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you're all in already, nothing more is required as I understand the e-mail and you don't submit anything.
IMPORTANT -- ELIO NEEDS COMMITMENTS TO PURCHASE TO QUALIFY FOR THE ATVM LOAN. If you're non-refundable anyway, just make the commitment step -- it doesn't cost a nickel to do and it saves you $300 off the now certain base price of the car.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Site is up now. You have to check a couple of boxes amending your original agreement, put in your name, email address, etc. And then your full name and hit "Submit". That's it.

EDIT: I now see that I've been beaten to the punch. But, I have an Elio reserved for a set price of $7,000!

Ditto, invested too much time in Elio to even begin to think about getting out. I'm here to the end.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you're all in already, nothing more is required as I understand the e-mail and you don't submit anything.
... Actually, that isn't so. 2 parts.
1. Elio needs people to have commitments to purchase so they qualify for the ATMV loan.
2. To save an additional $300, you need to "commit". That will lower the price from $7,300 to $7,000 for the base Elio.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
$200 over the quoted price! I just knew this Elio thing was a complete SCAM!! :tsk:
[NOT!]
I had to re-read that last post twice...then I saw the [NOT].

Agreed. $200 over the initial projected price is just fine. I am also Commited and Locked in.

The 25% Bonus most will get for going All In will offset the added price.

With the ATM and converted to Canadian dollars it will cost me around $10,400 CND before taxes of course. Still a great price for the Elio.

Last edited:

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So it looks like EM and the ATVM folks have been discussing EM's application. And EM seems to have gotten the impression that full binding commitments at $7000 will satisfy the requirement that the applicant demonstrate the ability to pay back the ATVM loan.

But 65,000 X $1500 (I think this was the projected profit per vehicle) = $97,500,000. The loan application was for $185M. So where is the remaining $87,500,000 coming from? I wonder if EM has some investors willing to co-sign on the loan and would be responsible for making up the gap?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you think about it for a moment, they set the $6800 target 5 years ago, when they had not much more than paper specs to work with. That they've gone over the target price by only 7.3% in a five year development program, that's a freakin' miracle!

We've been speculating $7600 (see the "waffling on base price" poll) -- and it's lower than most of us thought it would be. I say well done, Elio.

Last edited:
Top Bottom