• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I AM LOCKED IN BUT I WAS WONDERING ,
WITH MULTIPLE RESERVATIONS , DO YOU HAVE TO DO IT MORE THAN ONCE ?
That's a really good question. I don't see how they'd track it. It wasn't like one of the questions was "What is your reservation number?" or "What is your order number?" (for those not all-in at $1,000).

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I AM LOCKED IN BUT I WAS WONDERING ,
WITH MULTIPLE RESERVATIONS , DO YOU HAVE TO DO IT MORE THAN ONCE ?
Great question. I would do it any way, because DOE is looking at unit sales, not the identity of the purchasers. So if you have 3 cars reserved, lock in 3 times --- DOE will see each one of them separately.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you think about it for a moment, they set the $6800 target 5 years ago, when they had not much more than paper specs to work with. That they've gone over the target price by only 7.3% in a five year development program, that's a freakin' miracle!

We've been speculating $7600 see the "waffling on base price" poll) -- and it's lower than most of us thought it would be. I say well done, Elio.
That's even better when you consider that we've had 9% inflation since 2011!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Great question. I would do it any way, because DOE is looking at unit sales, not the identity of the purchasers. So if you have 3 cars reserved, lock in 3 times --- DOE will see each one of them separately.
I don't think the web site delineates that way. I, for instance, locked my single Elio purchase in about 4 times before I saw the little banner at the top that said I had done it right.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's really a no-brainer; if you're "all in" and put up $1000 , you're sort of already committed.(financially)

You're not getting your money back, so if you're waffling about following thru with the purchase, you need to be committed. (bat-shit crazy)

Check the boxes, sign your name, and save $300.
Except this IS a big deal.
Currently, we are already out $1000. No matter what, car or no car, we're not getting that back.
Now if we commit, we have committed to spending $7000 on something, but we don't know what. As long as ELIO sells SOMETHING that resembles a car, we are committed to buying it for $7000. It may get 30 MPG. It may be electric. It may have 4 or 2 wheels. It may be a glorified moped, but we are going to buy it for $7000.

Top Bottom