• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

9/6/2014 - Gas2: Paul Elio’s Trike Will Baby – Will That Make A Difference

Stugotz

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those safety features were in the original plan and were included in the $6800. :) Z
I only heard about antilock brakes and traction control being standard after P4 release. I watched a lot of videos and did not see them mentioned until this year but they were still saying $6800. I guess it would be good to get some clarification before taking the $7300 base price and the article as a fact.

Paul?...

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I only heard about antilock brakes and traction control being standard after P4 release. I watched a lot of videos and did not see them mentioned until this year but they were still saying $6800. I guess it would be good to get some clarification before taking the $7300 base price and the article as a fact.

Paul?...
When you think about it, how many things have you bought recently that you paid less for in the past. The same thing happens when there are delays in producing a product. When I first learned about the Elio, the auto and manual transmissions were going to be the same price. Then for whatever reason the original auto transmission had to be rejected so that means the auto transmission is going to cost more. I was sorry that happened but also realistic enough to feel there had to be a very good reason to make that change and it was made so the Elio will be a better vehicle. Paul Elio is doing everything in his power to meet his 4 key goals without compromising the product. I personally appreciate that attention to detail because it means the risk I am taking will be worth it in the long run. OK, I will get off my soap box. Believe it or not, I do not work for EM. LOL :-) Z

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Paul?...

The $7300 is information we can confirm independently as it is directly from a Town Hall Meeting Paul Elio recently conducted with a select group of Elio fans and the same blogger who wrote this article was also invited to that so we know this is recent factual information.

Essentially what Paul Elio said in the Town Hall meeting was that if they launched today they are at $7300 and 81mpg on this vehicle but they are continually working to move those numbers closer to the goal $6800 and 84 mpg goals.

I can and have confirmed the facts from the Town Hall meeting and we have a thread with information and discussion on the Town Hall Meeting information: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-motors-town-hall-meeting-with-paul-elio-august-16-2014.2617/

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
When you think about it, how many things have you bought recently that you paid less for in the past. The same thing happens when there are delays in producing a product. When I first learned about the Elio, the auto and manual transmissions were going to be the same price. Then for whatever reason the original auto transmission had to be rejected so that means the auto transmission is going to cost more. I was sorry that happened but also realistic enough to feel there had to be a very good reason to make that change and it was made so the Elio will be a better vehicle. Paul Elio is doing everything in his power to meet his 4 key goals without compromising the product. I personally appreciate that attention to detail because it means the risk I am taking will be worth it in the long run. OK, I will get off my soap box. Believe it or not, I do not work for EM. LOL :) Z
Personally I'm not concerned particularly about it because Paul serves a much greater taskmaster than we or us. He's got to please the Free enterprise system. Holy smokes batman!!!!

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The $6,800 and 84 MPG have always been presented as goals, not commitments. I look at it as Elio is DOWN to $7,300, and working on dropping the price more. If you read the fine print when you went All In, they're not committed to a specific price.

(Given that a 2014 model of my John Deere lawn tractor lists for over $7,000, I'll be thrilled if they can hold $7,300. Of course, my Deere has Power Steering, Cruise Control, and AC if you can go fast enough :))

Mark Ambrose

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken it was officially stated several times that even with a non-refundable deposit $6,800 was not a guaranteed number. It was the goal they were shooting for. Personally I'd pay $7,500 for a 75 mpg Elio. I might even pay $8,000 for a 68 mpg Elio. I'm talking base price here, not out the door with taxes, delivery fee and options. But if the price gets much higher than $8,000 - $8,500 and/or the mileage gets lower than...say...70 mpg I'd have to take a serious look. last I heard Elio was at $7,300 and around $80-82 mpg so they're still well within my acceptable range.

Texconsin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://gas2.org/2014/09/06/paul-elios-trike-will-baby/

Read the second paragraph..."(or, $7,300, as it stands today)."

I was thinking last night that the final enticement, after dumping the 25% bonus, should a "Last Call for $6,800!" promotion. But it would be kind of a shame that my 50% "all in" bonus merely makes up for an identical price increase. It's not a deal-breaker...more like "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

(Would that mean that the 25% folks would see only a $250 increase? That's a joke...I hope.)

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://gas2.org/2014/09/06/paul-elios-trike-will-baby/

Read the second paragraph..."(or, $7,300, as it stands today)."

I was thinking last night that the final enticement, after dumping the 25% bonus, should a "Last Call for $6,800!" promotion. But it would be kind of a shame that my 50% "all in" bonus merely makes up for an identical price increase. It's not a deal-breaker...more like "if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is."

(Would that mean that the 25% folks would see only a $250 increase? That's a joke...I hope.)
EM has said they are currently at $7300 but are still working to get it down to their goal of $6800. This is very simply one of those bridges I will cross when I come to it. In the mean time I am grateful for the extra time to save more money for my down payment. Being on low fixed income means I need to get my payments as low as possible. :-) Z

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
EM has said they are currently at $7300 but are still working to get it down to their goal of $6800. :) Z

I find it interesting that everywhere on Elio Motors web site .. http://www.eliomotors.com/ .. that I see $6,800* it is written with an * .... I'm sure an explanation for the * is found somewhere on the site but I haven't found it .... as a point of contrast, where 84 MPG Highway is mentioned, I haven't seen an * .... that would seem to imply that they are more confident in the mileage than they are in the cost

Jim

Top Bottom