• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A New Perspective

What was the number one driving force, that lead you to go all in with out ever touching the Elio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The survey should include Economy (MPG), which really is at the heart of Elio; I'm not 'all in' either, so I guess it doesn't apply to me anyway.

A product like Elio would get to market very quickly and easily if not for the politics of...........MONEY. Elios' success should be a no-brainer.
Money corruption, via litigation (law suits) and bureaucratic paperwork (regulation), stymies efforts to do the right things for the betterment of mankind.

The US energy czar said the goal of his govt is to have $6 gas; to drive out fossil fuel. They've pumped hundreds of millions of $ into Green Energy programs
which were scams from the start as money laundering back to political campaign contributors. They ALL failed w/no intent to succeed. Our own US Govt is the SINGLE, HUGE problem facing our dismal economy.

Does any body think Mr. Elio could get a govt loan for his new business? NADA!!

Last edited:

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Basically, I'm not a tree hugger but I do like clear skies and will do my part by parking my 15MPG F350 and drive an Elio. The Elio will use 1/2 gallon of gas per day vs. the 4 gallons per day I use in my truck driving to work... alone... (It'll save me... (4gal * $3.70) - (1/2gal * $3.16) = $13.22 per day, $66.10 per week, $3,172.80 per year (one barrel produces 19 gallons of gas) This will keep the US from having to import 44 barrels of oil to support my truck. The average automobile in the US averages 24.9MPG. The Elio triples that... we could, on average, lower fuel consumption by 66% just by having everyone switch to Elios! LOL I just had to "nerd out" there for a minute. I'm back now....
I did similar calc, I drive Civic mostly highway and avg 33 mpg, @ 20k miles per year I would save $1170/year. Nothing to sneeze at.

JNR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I cast vote for other because I'm not getting this for price alone. I love the minimalism of the concept, the gas savings and the price is huge factor combined. If gas savings was my only reason, I'd purchase the Lit C1 (in theory - since neither Elio or C1 are available.) If price was the only factor and the Elio mpg was same as other compacts (40 mpg highway), I would just buy a new Accord which can carry 5 when I need it 2% of the time and provide more luxury and comfort every day. The Accord/Fusion was my plan until I heard about the Elio and now I'm holding onto my current car.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chose 'Other' . Why? Went 1k all in because the other options place one later in the que
& 2015 turns into 2016, etc. Simple ans. "Gotta Have It" !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Creamcicle,Open Wheels,Glass roof/Tinted,Turbo,Leather,Bluetooth,Auto,Cruse,Tuned Exhaust,Performance Air cleaner, Scoot!!!

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I went with Other. I have never been attracted to anything because of the price. Well if "free" is a price I might be attracted, and I guess at some points in my life I have been paid to use something so yeah, that was attractive...but "price" no matter what is a detraction. "Value" could be attractive. and that would be the reason I am in. Like I will continue to say even after It happens, "As long as i get 1200lbs of plastic and iron in the driveway from Elio I will be happy. Whether it is a bust or a boon. if they bust then i have a very unique original owner collector's autocycle, worth more than I paid for it. If they perform like they are shooting for then I have the next first year production VW bug at a ridiculous price point.
And I do not care when. the later the better actually. If I could give them all the money for one when my number comes due and then just wait till i had a use for it then I'd even be more content. But when it comes it comes.

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At what price point is 84 MPG not worth it to me? Assuming the advertised standard equipment stays the same, and excluding tax, destination charges....not much more than an additional $1,000 - $1,500 for the base car. I'd expect more options as standard as the price increases beyond that.
I agree

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had to vote other because it is really a combination of things of which no one thing was the determining factor.

First, it is more of a cool toy or second or even third form of transportation for me. As such, price and cool design are both very important to me. For example, if it were super cheap but ugly I wouldn't be interested and if it were super cool but cost too much it would just fall into that category of things I lust after but won't ever buy.

The gas mileage and performance are also very important to me. I certainly would like high mpg but not if it means being a snail waiting to get driven over. The elio claims good acceleration and a top speed that will make it safer at highway speeds. I only hope that with the new engine coming in smaller and producing 20hp less that the elio maintains the advertised performance numbers or has options to improve the performance. I really wouldn't mind mileage numbers as low as a prius if cost, coolness, and performance got me to a 60 mph in 6 seconds :)

Top Bottom