• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A New Perspective

What was the number one driving force, that lead you to go all in with out ever touching the Elio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
For years I've said that I don't need or want a big car, I had no need for one, all I wanted was an enclosed 3 wheel motorcycle and now it's becoming a reality! Before this, I was wanting the Aptera - but the Elio is closer to what I was wanting. The price and MPG are just gravy.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I chose "Design", and am scratching my head as to why more people didn't. IMO the design is behind everything, even the price. If you like the looks, the gas mileage, the performance, even the price, it's all due to the design/concept of tandem seating, 3 wheels, and using existing parts/technology.

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think most of the categories are open to interpretation, and most of us do not have as all encompassing a definition of "design" as you seem to.
I somewhat broached the flaw of the poll when I noted that no matter the "price", that the cost of an item is never a driving force to purchase. Price is always a negative when viewed on its own. It is "value". And then things get more corrupt because each of us values different aspects of the Elio Eagle. An example is how I decided to get one....
I have had one exceptional car in my life, a 1971 Datsun 510 if I remember right. I'd buy one today brand new if I saw one. While different from an Elio Eagle(EE) it tugs on my heart simply because it was dependable and inexpensive. I don't do the car thing. I would rather have a horse, I would rather everyone have a horse and cars did not exist. I hate cars when it comes down to it. They pollute, require massive amounts of money to purchase and to maintain, and to operate. I envy the civilized parts of the world that aren't ruined by car-centrism. I live in the second best place in the USA, the coast of Florida, but I actually spent 10 days in NYC this Christmas Season to see if I wanted to retire there because I wanted to live where there was a great mass transit system. No I am not retiring to NYC, but because the people are not treated humanely by the city's government, the mass transit system is still a positive in my experience.
So the EE gives me(hopefully) relief from the some of the pressures the Automobile/Oil industries have placed on my finacial and physical life... Or it gives me the chance/dream. Maybe.

Autoxdriver

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think most of the categories are open to interpretation, and most of us do not have as all encompassing a definition of "design" as you seem to.
I somewhat broached the flaw of the poll when I noted that no matter the "price", that the cost of an item is never a driving force to purchase. Price is always a negative when viewed on its own. It is "value". And then things get more corrupt because each of us values different aspects of the Elio Eagle. An example is how I decided to get one....
I have had one exceptional car in my life, a 1971 Datsun 510 if I remember right. I'd buy one today brand new if I saw one. While different from an Elio Eagle(EE) it tugs on my heart simply because it was dependable and inexpensive. I don't do the car thing. I would rather have a horse, I would rather everyone have a horse and cars did not exist. I hate cars when it comes down to it. They pollute, require massive amounts of money to purchase and to maintain, and to operate. I envy the civilized parts of the world that aren't ruined by car-centrism. I live in the second best place in the USA, the coast of Florida, but I actually spent 10 days in NYC this Christmas Season to see if I wanted to retire there because I wanted to live where there was a great mass transit system. No I am not retiring to NYC, but because the people are not treated humanely by the city's government, the mass transit system is still a positive in my experience.
So the EE gives me(hopefully) relief from the some of the pressures the Automobile/Oil industries have placed on my finacial and physical life... Or it gives me the chance/dream. Maybe.
Wow, you and I are like night and day. I loved the 510 too because it was a great performer, one of the least expensive independent rear suspension cars there was at the time. One of the things I love about the Elio is is that it promotes individual freedom by making it possible for people to afford to NOT rely on mass transit. I also love how people as different as you and I can agree that the Elio is an idea who's time has come!

ST13Fred

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I remember seeing many 510 Datsun cars over the years with very high mileages, looking good and running well.
Elio would be in the same low budget category, especially because of his low sticker price.
A 5-year old Elio is not going to depreciate nearly as much as a $15,000 sticker priced auto.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, you and I are like night and day. I loved the 510 too because it was a great performer, one of the least expensive independent rear suspension cars there was at the time. One of the things I love about the Elio is is that it promotes individual freedom by making it possible for people to afford to NOT rely on mass transit. I also love how people as different as you and I can agree that the Elio is an idea who's time has come!
Remember Bob Sharps 510?? https://www.google.com/search?q=bob...7CoPMqQHq04H4Dw&ved=0CCQQsAQ&biw=1344&bih=684

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The newest ELIO just showed up in Cedar Park TX and I finally got to see it. You are correct about the price being the main attraction along with great mileage. The options and details don't really matter to me as much as getting this thing into production! Its still got the geo motor but I was told the new engine will be in a proto by July hope its true.Thanks for the comments on the vrod video. DT

Last edited:

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The newest ELIO just showed up in Cedar Park TX and I finally got to see it. You are correct about the price being the main attraction along with great mileage. The options and details don't really matter to me as much as getting this thing into production! Its still got the geo motor but I was told the new engine will be in a proto by July hope its true.Thanks for the comments on the vrod video. DT

Do you have any pictures to post?

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The survey should include Economy (MPG), which really is at the heart of Elio; I'm not 'all in' either, so I guess it doesn't apply to me anyway.

A product like Elio would get to market very quickly and easily if not for the politics of...........MONEY. Elios' success should be a no-brainer.
Money corruption, via litigation (law suits) and bureaucratic paperwork (regulation), stymies efforts to do the right things for the betterment of mankind.

The US energy czar said the goal of his govt is to have $6 gas; to drive out fossil fuel. They've pumped hundreds of millions of $ into Green Energy programs
which were scams from the start as money laundering back to political campaign contributors. They ALL failed w/no intent to succeed. Our own US Govt is the SINGLE, HUGE problem facing our dismal economy.

Does any body think Mr. Elio could get a govt loan for his new business? NADA!!
No. Not with the present administration. Especially since Elio motors will be in a right to work state. Sad huh.

Top Bottom