• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A New Perspective

What was the number one driving force, that lead you to go all in with out ever touching the Elio?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
After looking at the video on how the Harley V-Rod was made, I looked at the Elio from a whole new perspective. At this time, everyone looks at this car and all they see are the tiny things they want to change or add.

Now, pull way back and take a look at the car again. In all reality, what do you see that is new to this design that’s going to make it sell? Nothing.

Now you must ask yourself what is the one thing this car has that’s going to make it a success that all the other cars of this design in the past and present did or does not have?

If you look real, real, close, hanging off the mirror is a little tag that has the numbers $6,800.00. The shape of this car and everything in it and on it is a direct result of the price on that little tag. No where else on any attempt to make a car of this design popular do you see a tag with those numbers.

It’s just my opinion, that the price is the driving force behind all most all of the sign ups and all this haggling over design and options is just something to do to pass time.

Don't worry, be happy :)

Vid. http://www.elioowners.com/threads/where-do-you-stand-now.461/page-12

Last edited:

ECAJohn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I voted for "Price" because that is the biggest draw for me, of the choices available. I would have voted for "Value" if that were available as an option, because for me it's 84 MPG performance for only $6,800 base price that makes this car a huge winner.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I voted for "Price" because that is the biggest draw for me, of the choices available. I would have voted for "Value" if that were available as an option, because for me it's 84 MPG performance for only $6,800 base price that makes this car a huge winner.
Thanks for the post. At what price is the 84 MPG not a value to you?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Price was definitely the number one factor for me. Both in terms of cost to purchase the vehicle and reduced fuel cost. The design is very much secondary to me but as this is a forum for discussion and there is not much else to do as we wait for ours to be available we enjoy discussing everything on here.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AT $6,800, 84 MPG is great but at $1,000,000, it's not worth the investment. Price is, of course, a major driving force and I wouldn't have gone in if the price was a lot higher. However, I went all in because I want to see ELIO succeed in this endeavour. I WANT people to start driving around in cars that actually make sense. I WANT the US to become energy independent. A 20% decrease in oil consumption as a country would enable us to stop buying from the Middle East and Venesuela. Think on this though - the less money we send overseas for oil, the more we get to keep here. Experts actually say that Americans, on average, have $1,200 more purchasing power in discretionary spending than they did before the Balkan Shale oil production in North Dakota began.

Basically, I'm not a tree hugger but I do like clear skies and will do my part by parking my 15MPG F350 and drive an Elio. The Elio will use 1/2 gallon of gas per day vs. the 4 gallons per day I use in my truck driving to work... alone... (It'll save me... (4gal * $3.70) - (1/2gal * $3.16) = $13.22 per day, $66.10 per week, $3,172.80 per year (one barrel produces 19 gallons of gas) This will keep the US from having to import 44 barrels of oil to support my truck. The average automobile in the US averages 24.9MPG. The Elio triples that... we could, on average, lower fuel consumption by 66% just by having everyone switch to Elios! LOL I just had to "nerd out" there for a minute. I'm back now.

I think the Elio will be a blast to drive... white or Orange... to choose... to choose...

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the post. At what price is the 84 MPG not a value to you?
When the price nears the price of a Chevy Spark or Sonic is when I would reconsider, so I think that I would still buy an Elio at the 10k to 12k range. (don't tell anyone at Elio). I think along with the value and the savings driving this car there will be a lot of enjoyment then add in the cool factor you can't go wrong.

Marv Cohen

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Presently Deefield Beach moving to Jensen Beach
On March 12, I sat in the P4, it's quite comfortable . I went to Bikers Week in Daytona Bch and found the Elio on display along w/new engine on stand. I was halfway in but by next week I will be all in on the basis of what I saw in Daytona. It was a bit crowded with millions of dollars worth of Harleys and biker bars that sprang up on vacant lots with canvass sides to hide what amuses the bikers and separate them from their cash.

ECAJohn

Elio Fan
Reaction score
At what price point is 84 MPG not worth it to me? Assuming the advertised standard equipment stays the same, and excluding tax, destination charges....not much more than an additional $1,000 - $1,500 for the base car. I'd expect more options as standard as the price increases beyond that.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At what price point is 84 MPG not worth it to me? Assuming the advertised standard equipment stays the same, and excluding tax, destination charges....not much more than an additional $1,000 - $1,500 for the base car. I'd expect more options as standard as the price increases beyond that.
Did you check out the live feed link I sent you looking down Abbey Road?

Top Bottom