• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Alright, So I Made An Elio Commercial...

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
***** 5 STARS! In about 2, or even next month, we may start seeing some pictures or even a video feed of the E-series build so you can modify and add it in your commercial.

Once we have some video of the E-series, especially of them racing around test tracks and smashing into walls, then I might put together a new one. But with a more copyright-friendly song. Maybe....In The Hall of the Mountain King :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Once we have some video of the E-series, especially of them racing around test tracks and smashing into walls, then I might put together a new one. But with a more copyright-friendly song. Maybe....In The Hall of the Mountain King :D

A classic for sure, but I prefer...In the Court of the Crimson King. :hippie:

runt2

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I was bored last night, so I spliced together an Elio commercial from a bunch of video found on youtube. And then I put it to music. Specifically, Star Wars music. More specifically, the epic music from the trailer for "The Force Awakens".

That was AMAZING!!! It really makes you feel the importance - the power - the beauty of it!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here is a question that I have not seen answered... if the $6,800 is based on selling a certain number of units per year, when is that decided? Just before the first unit is shipped based on reservations?

It would seem that the first year would all be at the higher price (was it $7,300?), or at least part way through the first year depending on how the hotcakes are selling.
I would think Elio would want to make sure they honored their $6,800 pledge for at least their loyal reservation holders if for no other reason than the PR.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they will know their production capacity when it comes time to pay for the hard tooling. That is when they will say "Oh BTW, we didn't get enough investors, so only half the production lines are running and the price will be $7500 instead of $6800." There is no hard-and-fast promise that they must deliver for any given price, it has always been an estimate and the reservation has never been a guarantee of anything.

But if that $700 difference means so much to you, they'd probably let you delay picking up your reservation until all the production lines are operating and they can drop the price.

I wouldn't worry, though. I suspect that by the time they begin seeking the production money, there will be lines of investors and almost a full year of production backlog already on reservation. #optimist

Top Bottom