• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ampere Motors

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
and no specs.
I do not think we are looking at front wheel drive on this 3 wheeler. I am seriously considering not taking delivery of a SOLO for that reason, although I might let EMV change me mind.
EMV may change your mind for you without warning. :) If you give any indication of not being totally happy with the SOLO specs, Jerry has automatically cancelled a few reservations due to reservationists questioning the published specs, spec changes, or doubting the mass market popularity of the SOLO.

Last edited:

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Targa top $1500, yes windshield, optional bigger battery and A/C
I don't call that tiny strip of glass that isn't even as high as the steering wheel a windshield.

Their web page says "up to 100 mile range", which I interpret to be the range of their extended battery pack. Meaning you don't get that in the $9.9k price, so the range for the $9.9k model is less than 100 miles.

But who knows, because their web site doesn't list *any* of that.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ampere_bike.jpg

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't call that tiny strip of glass that isn't even as high as the steering wheel a windshield.

Their web page says "up to 100 mile range", which I interpret to be the range of their extended battery pack. Meaning you don't get that in the $9.9k price, so the range for the $9.9k model is less than 100 miles.

No. their extended battery pack has a 150 mile range.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yet another "pretty face" in a growing 3wheeler segment. And at $9.9K I'd be very careful to put any deposit. :D

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With the exception of EMV's SOLO, none of these startups have revealed their source of REAL funding to enter MASS production let alone prove they can actually keep their advertised price. Sorry but I ain't falling for another shiny new trike until at least one of them starts delivering in big numbers! :D

Top Bottom