• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ampere Motors

luckylu15

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t see any hate stuff, but rather opinions. After the Elio Motors experience one should be interested in a variety of viewpoints regarding this company, their business model, and the vehicle itself. It allows you to listen, perhaps learn, and make informed rational decisions. If you attempt to quiet others, you limit the discussion to what you want to hear.

With that said, since the Ampere or SONDORs don’t meet my needs and wants there is no personal reason to post on the Ampere or SONDORs Threads........or SOLOWs. I like them all, the more the merrier, and it’s best to have personal interest in a variety of three wheelers that meet your needs in order to have one in your driveway ASAP. Be careful out there. Don’t just let them tell you what they plan to do, make them do it before you start throwing money at them.
Your right it's not really hate stuff just uninformed reactions to a new concept. They all meet the fun factor for me and as for throwing money at them I don't think a hundred or two hundred dollars is to much to ask for a chance at a early delivery especially when it is refundable. I watch people everyday piss away that much on scratcher tickets and get nothing back. I get it if you need one of these vehicles for a specific purpose but I don't I just want to have fun like Nathan Fillion!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Your right it's not really hate stuff just uninformed reactions to a new concept. They all meet the fun factor for me and as for throwing money at them I don't think a hundred or two hundred dollars is to much to ask for a chance at a early delivery especially when it is refundable. I watch people everyday piss away that much on scratcher tickets and get nothing back. I get it if you need one of these vehicles for a specific purpose but I don't I just want to have fun like Nathan Fillion!
I’ve had uninformed reactions to the Elio concept for nearly a decade. Also, 3 refunded reservations on 3 different concepts (2 easy refunds and one a little more difficult). Still maintain 2 refundable reservations, have invested in one company on the cusp of production, and informed of the risk.

luckylu15, I might add that Nathan picked a winner and is having fun verified by that ear to ear grin on his face. I hope we have picked winners too.

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ve had uninformed reactions to the Elio concept for nearly a decade. Also, 3 refunded reservations on 3 different concepts (2 easy refunds and one a little more difficult). Still maintain 2 refundable reservations, have invested in one company on the cusp of production, and informed of the risk.

luckylu15, I might add that Nathan picked a winner and is having fun verified by that ear to ear grin on his face. I hope we have picked winners too.
I'm glad you've made me aware of EMV SOLO's deposit program, my 1k is riding on them to make it happen! :D

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad you've made me aware of EMV SOLO's deposit program, my 1k is riding on them to make it happen! :D
....my dilemma right now is I also made a refundable deposit for the FUV which I know I'll be happy owning but my intended use for acquiring any of these EVs requires freeway driving and an enclosed trike like the SOLO would be perfect. Now depending on how much ARCIMOTO will actually price their FUV which would require me to buy the enclosure cells...the least expensive of the two would be a deciding factor. I've also posted before that I'm expecting the SOLO's price to be close to 20K due to A/C option, tax, licenses, import tax and delivery charges- OTD- but depending on how good it performs, the quality of ride and the range will all factor in in the end which EV to buy.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....my dilemma right now is I also made a refundable deposit for the FUV which I know I'll be happy owning it but my intended use for acquiring any of these EVs requires freeway driving and an enclosed trike like the SOLO would be perfect. Now depending on how much ARCIMOTO will actually price their FUV which would require me to buy the enclosure cells...the least expensive of the two would be a deciding factor. I've also posted before that I'm expecting the SOLO's price to be close to 20K due to A/C option, tax, licenses, import tax and delivery charges- OTD- but depending on how good it performs, the quality of ride and the range will all factor in in the end which EV to buy.
EMV”s CEO Facebook comments made my choice much easier. After canceling my reservation, my rational, having test driven neither, is the FUV sits higher making for better ‘old guy’ INGRESS/EGRESS, more comfortable upright sitting position, better to see and be seen by other drivers so perhaps an edge on safety IMO.
Also, 2 seats a little more FUNctional, with FUN and UTILITY in the vehicle’s name. Enclosure should add $2-3K to the price point. Does it get any better? :) Reality is I like them both. The test drive and final MSRP will validate my FUV preference.

Sniffy

Elio Fan
Reaction score
..my intended use for acquiring any of these EVs requires freeway driving and an enclosed trike like the SOLO would be perfect.

I had an opportunity to sit in a Solo, and I have no doubt it will be freeway capable. However, for me, it would not be freeway comfortable. Like Rick says, it's just SOLOW! I am averse to low riding vehicles, and prefer a car that gives me excellent visibility. That's one reason why I am leaning towards the Arcimoto FUV. It's motorcycle riding position will provide sensory input I just wouldn't get in the Solo.

I am looking forward to the day when someone can try all of these three wheelers on the road and provide a good comparison. There really is a lot to like about the Solo, and it's creature comforts exceed those of the FUV by a margin. But without driving any of these, I can only rely on my imagination for which 3 wheeler will meet my needs best. At one point, I was certain it would be the Elio, but I just can't wait forever.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EMV”s CEO Facebook comments made my choice much easier. After canceling my reservation, my rational, having test driven neither, is the FUV sits higher making for better ‘old guy’ INGRESS/EGRESS, more comfortable upright sitting position, better to see and be seen by other drivers so perhaps an edge on safety IMO.
Also, 2 seats a little more FUNctional, with FUN and UTILITY in the vehicle’s name. Enclosure should add $2-3K to the price point. Does it get any better? :) Reality is I like them both. The test drive and final MSRP will validate my FUV preference.
....fingers crossed, let this be the year for 3wheelers!:D

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
70EAE94D-48F6-44BB-B3D1-EF18EE2F84AA.png
70EAE94D-48F6-44BB-B3D1-EF18EE2F84AA.png
This email from Kyle at Arcimoto, sure that he will not mind me sharing.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I had an opportunity to sit in a Solo, and I have no doubt it will be freeway capable. However, for me, it would not be freeway comfortable. Like Rick says, it's just SOLOW! I am averse to low riding vehicles, and prefer a car that gives me excellent visibility. That's one reason why I am leaning towards the Arcimoto FUV. It's motorcycle riding position will provide sensory input I just wouldn't get in the Solo.

I am looking forward to the day when someone can try all of these three wheelers on the road and provide a good comparison. There really is a lot to like about the Solo, and it's creature comforts exceed those of the FUV by a margin. But without driving any of these, I can onl y rely on my imagination for which 3 wheeler will meet my needs best. At one point, I was certain it would be the Elio, but I just can't wait forever.
I agree. I don't think I'll hear from either the FUV or the SOLO to confirm my purchase until at least the end of the year or early next year looking at it realistically. :(

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. I don't think I'll hear from either the FUV or the SOLO to confirm my purchase until at least the end of the year or early next year looking at it realistically. :(
Did I miss the Arcimoto announcement that the initial 1700 FUV Reservations will not deliver this year?

Top Bottom