• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Now For Something Completely Different But Very Cool And $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to say this again and again until it catches on.

If you combine 2 vehicles with 2 very different missions, it will do both missions poorly.

I can write pages about why you do NOT want to combine the two.

For $400k you can get an excellent airplane AND an excellent car.

Also stick with fixed wing aircraft if you want to live longer.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I did a search on them and the newest article I could find was dated 2007.
The car in the link was powered by a Honda Engine; I think maybe Honda swooped in and made them go away; why not, GM and Ford have both got new tech that came around, and once it proved to be real, one of those 2 (GM or Ford) bought them out, and buried the technology.

But they had some high hopes for that 3 wheeler
0-60 in under 5 seconds
180 horsepower
12.9 second ¼ mile time
1.7 G’s cornering performance

Those are stats that anyone would love to have.

Bookly

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The vapor carb has been around for years but no one seems to have proved anything except that the prototypes were all destroyed by the government or Big Oil.
The Vapor Carb is a persistent myth. No one can show one working (those annoying laws of physics get in the way).
So there is always a story of one that worked that was destroyed by mean bad types. My uncle built one and got 195 mpg with his 1958 Buick Roadmaster but black helicopters came and they took it away.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a file cabinet containing paperwork certificating several similar (R&D) vehicles over the last 17 years. I had to sign non-discloser statements for each because, "This is going to be the one that gets to the market."
NONE of them has as yet!

Last edited:

BilgeRat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not normally a naysayer on technology (Generally, I LIKE technology!), but I will be with "flying cars".
Given the quality of the bulk of drivers on the road who would ever want masses of them in the bleeding AIR? The vast majority can't deal with a two axis vehicle, let alone one that operates in three. Nope, nope and nope.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not normally a naysayer on technology (Generally, I LIKE technology!), but I will be with "flying cars".
Given the quality of the bulk of drivers on the road who would ever want masses of them in the bleeding AIR? The vast majority can't deal with a two axis vehicle, let alone one that operates in three. Nope, nope and nope.
Amen !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom