• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Then There Were None…

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
https://www.eliomotors.com/and-then-there-were-none/

April 14, 2017

[Broken External Image]

Happy “Good” Friday Elio’ers! It’s safe to say that winter weather has finally faded into the rearview mirror. If you experience a freak snow storm, we’ll take the blame for jinxing the nice weather. For those celebrating a holiday this weekend, we hope that you have the best weather that spring can offer during your Easter holiday!

Before we get to the weekend, we want to cover 3 recent Elio developments.

And then there were none…

There is no denying that the Elio is different. From a legislative standpoint, our vehicle was sometimes difficult to classify. As you probably know, any vehicle with less than 4 wheels, as defined by the federal government, cannot be classified as a car. Our vehicle has three wheels, an enclosed cab, automotive controls, and a safety management system, which places us in a unique position between a “car” and a motorcycle. We have worked with many state legislatures and showed that Elio Motors drivers should not have to wear a helmet. We made a commitment, since our inception, that we would have no issues with helmet laws in any state. Well, by going state-by-state, the final state has fallen and now there are no helmet restrictions to drive an Elio for drivers over the age of 21 anywhere in the USA! Yes, we are happy to announce that West Virginia will no longer require a helmet.

[Broken External Image]

Our Transmission Mission

Earlier this week, we announced an agreement with AISIN Group. AISIN will be the supplier transmission to Elio Motors. AISIN Group is the 6th largest Tier one automotive supplier, not to mention the largest transmission manufacturer. We’ve had quite a few questions come in about the transmission options in the Elio. We’ll have a ton of in-depth information about our transmission options in an upcoming Momentum. Until then, you can rest assured that this partnership is an unequivocal win for Elio owners.

[Broken External Image]

In case you missed it…

Having an innovative idea is difficult. Turning an idea into a reality, however, is a completely different ballgame. The process of getting a revolutionary vehicle to production is full of unique challenges. We think that introducing a unique vehicle should act as a springboard for the way we do business. For this reason, we’ve included our followers along every step of the journey. For example, our front-to-back seating configuration requires a unique wiper system. As a part of the process, this week’s Momentum gives a look into how we have approached and solved this unique challenge.

Thanks for your support Elio’ers!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It truely is good to see things going on in the background. The transmission thing, while we've known Aisin was the manufacturer, is new news. The legislation piece is good to here but could be the result of legislation introduced last year and doesn't actually show that Elio is actively campaigning right now. But, all in all, count me in the group that is happy to be seeing good things these days. :D

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It truely is good to see things going on in the background. The transmission thing, while we've known Aisin was the manufacturer, is new news. The legislation piece is good to here but could be the result of legislation introduced last year and doesn't actually show that Elio is actively campaigning right now. But, all in all, count me in the group that is happy to be seeing good things these days. :D
Yes there are none! Still waiting 3 years for my Elio! We need real news about the production of the Elio.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes there are none! Still waiting 3 years for my Elio! We need real news about the production of the Elio.
Momentum 101 talked about the windshield wiper design being finalized and even mentioned which assembly stations would be affected. It IS generally considered good production news to hear various parts designs are completed. Nothing is worse than assembling a bunch of vehicles and then realizing most of the parts you've assembled on the car haven't been designed yet. :rolleyes:

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"AISIN Group is the 6th largest Tier one automotive supplier", and Elio is the absolute smallest automotive supplier with a whopping zero cars produced and zero cars sold. Oh sorry, I forgot is Elio is not an automobile - my bad - sad

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the helmet news. I didn't think this was all that great. Elio showed a map of all the states that don't require a helmet over the age of 21. It states:, "Well, by going state-by-state, the final state has fallen and now there are no helmet restrictions to drive an Elio for drivers over the age of 21 anywhere in the USA! Yes, we are happy to announce that West Virginia will no longer require a helmet."

Well how many youth or your children want to get into a enclosed car (hot car in the summer) and wear a heavy helmet? I don't think young drives... especially young ladies want this... and besides it will mess their hair up. I remember dating several young ladies that wanted to go on a motorcycle ride. They seemed to have fun, but every time we stopped to do some activity in public they were freaked out about how their hair was messy and makeup. So after a few rides they would rather use my car. Mostly because of the helmet.

Top Bottom