• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Then There Were None…

Samalross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the helmet news. I didn't think this was all that great. Elio showed a map of all the states that don't require a helmet over the age of 21. It states:, "Well, by going state-by-state, the final state has fallen and now there are no helmet restrictions to drive an Elio for drivers over the age of 21 anywhere in the USA! Yes, we are happy to announce that West Virginia will no longer require a helmet."

Well how many youth or your children want to get into a enclosed car (hot car in the summer) and wear a heavy helmet? I don't think young drives... especially young ladies want this... and besides it will mess their hair up. I remember dating several young ladies that wanted to go on a motorcycle ride. They seemed to have fun, but every time we stopped to do some activity in public they were freaked out about how their hair was messy and makeup. So after a few rides they would rather use my car. Mostly because of the helmet.
I think that the appeal of the Elio is more for an older person.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"There is no denying that the Elio is different." I think it is revolutionary too. When they get some solid, well built Elio's on the road, they should be so fun to drive that everyone will want one. Too many reasons to list why the Elio should be super fun to drive.
Look at it! We need an animated autocycle ! :car:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
However, in Washington State, you still cannot carry a child younger than 12 in an Elio. Because we don't have a real "autocycle" classification, which means that a motorcycle rider age limit applies. So even though I don't need a helmet or a motorcycle endorsement, I still can't technically transport an <12y.o. in my Elio. (Or in a Polaris Slingshot for that matter).

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
However, in Washington State, you still cannot carry a child younger than 12 in an Elio. Because we don't have a real "autocycle" classification, which means that a motorcycle rider age limit applies. So even though I don't need a helmet or a motorcycle endorsement, I still can't technically transport an <12y.o. in my Elio. (Or in a Polaris Slingshot for that matter).
Same would hold true for the EMV Solo..........oh wait a minute, there is only one seat........never mind.

Trusting

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I wonder if the cops would enforce it....

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad I won't have to wear a helmet driving the Elio in my state (WV). But will still need the motorcycle endorsement.

However, I'm starting to have doubts it will matter much. Be interesting to see the next SEC report.

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
License.jpg

Just five states still need the MC endorsement.

Top Bottom