• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Then There Were None…

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The interesting part is where they got the additional money to get through the fourth quarter
As I recall, the last SEC filing indicated that Lichter floated a couple of Million Dollar loans to keep things going. Perhaps he plunked down another short term loan to pay salaries that got EM through the fourth quarter.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As I recall, the last SEC filing indicated that Lichter floated a couple of Million Dollar loans to keep things going. Perhaps he plunked down another short term loan to pay salaries that got EM through the fourth quarter.
Salaries for doing..... what?

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read the helmet news. I didn't think this was all that great. Elio showed a map of all the states that don't require a helmet over the age of 21. It states:, "Well, by going state-by-state, the final state has fallen and now there are no helmet restrictions to drive an Elio for drivers over the age of 21 anywhere in the USA! Yes, we are happy to announce that West Virginia will no longer require a helmet."

Well how many youth or your children want to get into a enclosed car (hot car in the summer) and wear a heavy helmet? I don't think young drives... especially young ladies want this... and besides it will mess their hair up. I remember dating several young ladies that wanted to go on a motorcycle ride. They seemed to have fun, but every time we stopped to do some activity in public they were freaked out about how their hair was messy and makeup. So after a few rides they would rather use my car. Mostly because of the helmet.
The percentage of Elios being sold to junior drivers in Hawaii and Alaska must be a minute fraction of the total. Also, Joel continues to work this ... and he has been amazingly effective over the past three years.

So quit whining.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the motorcycle endorsement is all that stands in my way (here in WV), I will just do whatever it takes to get it. I think there are training programs out there that will even supply the bike. And might not be necessary by then. (Its a bit silly to need it for a slingshot or Elio, but will jump through there hoops)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the motorcycle endorsement is all that stands in my way (here in WV), I will just do whatever it takes to get it. I think there are training programs out there that will even supply the bike. And might not be necessary by then. (Its a bit silly to need it for a slingshot or Elio, but will jump through there hoops)
Many training programs will provide the bike, but why not just use your Elio.............are you a biker? I don't have an issue with the classroom, might make us a more defensive drivers.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many training programs will provide the bike, but why not just use your Elio.............are you a biker? I don't have an issue with the classroom, might make us a more defensive drivers.
I have heard you can't do that and must use a real bike. But will pass that bridge when I come to it.

Top Bottom