• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

And Then There Were None…

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many training programs will provide the bike, but why not just use your Elio.............are you a biker? I don't have an issue with the classroom, might make us a more defensive drivers.

In my state (Oregon) you can get your m/c liscens classified for trike only and use your own trike for the test

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many training programs will provide the bike, but why not just use your Elio.............are you a biker? I don't have an issue with the classroom, might make us a more defensive drivers.

I don't see any way to get the Elio through the CT riding test. A touring bike with a 67" wheelbase is tough. Forget 110".

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think most of the states are taking a "wait and see" stance, on these issues. They will let law enforcement make judgment calls on a case by case event. Then if it gets to court also let the judge be a judge. Only when it becomes a problem, will they change the law.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
An Elio won't fit through the tight curves and short distances of the standard bike training course.

Whhattttt????? It won't?? Are you sure? Have you tried taking a trike through the trike course?
I don't see a problem with it going through the trike course, should fit no problem!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EKH, Cache Man, Johnny, and anyone else in on this "argument" I have taken this states trike and reverse trike test.
Yes, they do have a different style test to adjust for each type of bike, they actually do understand the physics of each of these bikes, and adjust.
This is to make the test "Fair" and "balanced" for each type of vehicle; they aren't "out to get you" in these tests.
They do what they can to make it fair and equal to each type of bike; they do understand that each has their own dynamic, and they work with the local bike regulatory to make sure that the test is fair and balanced to each individual that takes the test.
They aren't "out to get you" or to make you fail; they just want to make sure you know what you are doing out in traffic so that you aren't a danger to yourself or to any one else on the road. Where there is a problem is the smart A$$es that don't know how to operate the bike their on.
Not because of the danger they poise to themselves, but to the danger they poise to everyone on the street.
And you know that's true, don't you??

Good, so now that we've joked around this very serious subject, lets get back to getting our heads screwed on right, and move forward, ok??

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EKH, Cache Man, Johnny, and anyone else in on this "argument" I have taken this states trike and reverse trike test.
Ekh is from Ohio. Ohio doesn't have a trike test. He was talking about the bike test. The Elio would never be able to do the tight curves required by the bike test. IIRC the bike maneuverability in Ohio requires you to do a S curve in a space about the size of a standard parking spot. So while technically the three wheelers are considered "motorcycles", and in some states you may need a motorcycle endorsement to drive a trike, you couldn't actually use a trike to take and pass a "motorcycle" endorsement. Which is what Ekh mean by the following quote, which touched off this argument...

Ekh said:
"An Elio won't fit through the tight curves and short dtstances of the standard bike training course."

Top Bottom