• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Announcements Post Suppliers Summit August 2015

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think an average sized adult can fit through the read windows. Using it on the front windows is pointless for the passanger in the rear if the driver is incapacitated.
Have you ever been in a vehicle that was involved in a bad accident?

It's amazing what adrenalin will make a person do; they've shown that in a plane that has to be evacuated, that people will slide themselves across the tops of the seats just to get out; they will do what it takes to get out.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I am more concerned with the sky falling and why I will not get a sun roof; don't want to see it coming.
Great quote BadBoy; true, we could go on with a list of "what if's" from now till forever and never cover every aspect.
If we built cars that were completely "Whatever may happen it's safe" but they would cost millions, be fire, crash, weather and water proof; you could throw them in the ocean and they would never sink and ....... and ........ and ...... ...
But they would be impractical and a total waste of time. Any time you get behind the wheel, you are accepting a certain level of risk; we do that with everything we do.

Adamant

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you ever been in a vehicle that was involved in a bad accident?

It's amazing what adrenalin will make a person do; they've shown that in a plane that has to be evacuated, that people will slide themselves across the tops of the seats just to get out; they will do what it takes to get out.

Not that bad of an accident. But I certainly wouldn't want to leave things to chance, like relying on a burst of adrenaline. I wish it was as easy as:

trial-of-the-incredible-hulk-bixby.jpg

Graemexx

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Reach down, pull seat lever, push seat and push it and headless Bob forward, open door. Any accident that decapitated the driver is pretty much going to incapacitate the passenger anyway.
Going from unconscious driver to headless was a bit of a stretch don't you think? If there is no way for the passenger to get out with the driver in the seat, I doubt if the government will want to be financially involved. They would not want to be involved in a safety related lawsuit.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Going from unconscious driver to headless was a bit of a stretch don't you think? If there is no way for the passenger to get out with the driver in the seat, I doubt if the government will want to be financially involved. They would not want to be involved in a safety related lawsuit.

If you're too big to crawl out of the rear side window of an Elio, you're not riding in the back of mine.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well fortunately it's the US government, not the Canadian government.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

it pays to remember that by law, an Elio is classified as and governed by rules/laws for motorcycles .... motorcycles do not require seat belts, air bags, crumple zones, and so on .... on these and other points, EM has designed their trike to meet higher standards than those imposed on them by the various levels of government .... on the state level, Elio type vehicles have been classified as an Autocycle which is a subset of motorcycles .... due in large part by an effective lobbying effort from EM and its supporters, EM is covered .... events that happen down the road will no doubt shape future laws and regulations

Top Bottom