• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Announcements Post Suppliers Summit August 2015

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Congrats on the weight loss and upcoming grandchild! And I didn't realize until now that we have something else in common. I too like Organic Blue Agave! [I know, I know...you're talking about the low glycemic index nectar stuff. But this would go better with your "special home-grown brownies". ;)]

View attachment 6644
fotflmao!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
aside from my grunts, I am where I want/need to be, and I know I pay a premium. Moving from the land of the living dead (south FLA) I needed something more spirited, and alive. My kids are nearby(Green Lake and Cap. Hill, it's a financial stretch -she who wanted to be obeyed, got 1/2 my pension and S.S
eats up 1/2!!- so far weather is perfect, but very short daylight and nasty will be a major adjustment.
Ahh I had 3 of those, but none of them got my pension or my SS benefits.
After #2 I was living like a monk for a few years but I made it through (thanks to #3) and when #3 was done with me, she wanted nothing and that's exactly what she got (she felt guilty since she's the one that messed it up and got caught). #4 is still here, 14 years now.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think an average sized adult can fit through the rear windows. Using it on the front windows is pointless for the passanger in the rear if the driver is incapacitated.
Again, if the rear passenger can squirm out a regular size window, why not pull the recline lever on the front seat and push it forward? That's how I get out of the back of coupes...

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ahh I had 3 of those, but none of them got my pension or my SS benefits.
After #2 I was living like a monk for a few years but I made it through (thanks to #3) and when #3 was done with me, she wanted nothing and that's exactly what she got (she felt guilty since she's the one that messed it up and got caught). #4 is still here, 14 years now.
slow learner-?
Me no longer and never again-- why buy the cow when milk is cheap enough

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic for a moment (foolish of me, I know), despite EM's blog post today, I still don't quite see how they need 25 "or so" E-vehicles. I would love to see the diagram that explains how each E-car is going to be used. I bet it looks like a spider's web! I'm really curious as to where they're going to do all this testing. I'm pretty sure the crash-tests themselves are going to need third-party observation, if not actually doing the work by a third party; otherwise someone or other (and we can guess who) will accuse EM of cooking the safety books.

The other tests, safety-related or not, simply make very good sense to do, if you're at all conscientious. I find the idea of ergonomic testing as a safety-related issue very interesting -- and very appealing. Making sure the shift lever doesn't interfere with your coffee cup holder -- a critical issue (especially if you're Mr. Elio). That same sort of testing would be, for instance, where you might catch glare from the rear-view mirrors being popped back into the driver's eyes -- definitely a safety issue, very hard to catch unless you're testing for it. A car starts to pull up beside you, headlights on high, and --- ZAP! you get a sudden bright flash, distracting to say the least!

So, if they're going to multi-task the various chassis numbers (E3 or E8, for instance) in the tests they are used for, why do they need so many of them? Enquiring minds want to know -- but suspect about 5 of them will be rolling to the malls of America long before we drive our early production cars away from Shreveport.

Last edited:

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back on topic for a moment (foolish of me, I know), despite EM's blog post today, I still don't quite see how they need 25 "or so" E-vehicles. I would love to see the diagram that explains how each E-car is going to be used. I bet it looks like a spider's web! I'm really curious as to where they're going to do all this testing. I'm pretty sure the crash-tests themselves are going to need third-party observation, if not actually doing the work by a third party; otherwise someone or other (and we can guess who) will accuse EM of cooking the safety books.

The other tests, safety-related or not, simply make very good sense to do, if you're at all conscientious. I find the idea of ergonomic testing as a safety-related issue very interesting -- and very appealing. Making sure the shift lever doesn't interfere with your coffee cup holder -- a critical issue (especially if you're Mr. Elio). That same sort of testing would be, for instance, where you might catch glare from the rear-view mirrors being popped back into the driver's eyes -- definitely a safety issue, very hard to catch unless you're testing for it. A car starts to pull up beside you, headlights on high, and --- ZAP! you get a sudden bright flash, distracting to say the least!

So, if they're going to multi-task the various chassis numbers (E3 or E8, for instance) in the tests they are used for, why do they need so many of them? Enquiring minds want to know -- but suspect about 5 of them will be rolling to the malls of America long before we drive our early production cars away from Shreveport.
Earlier reports have stated all but 2 or 3 will end up crashed. You have front, and front offset, and side low, and side high and various rear tests, and likely more than one of each for verification. Adds up fast. I'd guess there are testing centers they'll use for the actual crash tests. As noted. independent testing will be very important.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Earlier reports have stated all but 2 or 3 will end up crashed. You have front, and front offset, and side low, and side high and various rear tests, and likely more than one of each for verification. Adds up fast. I'd guess there are testing centers they'll use for the actual crash tests. As noted. independent testing will be very important.

Roll over / End over....

Top Bottom