• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Milestone Reached

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If there was a way to attach a bike rack for the drive back, I might consider a long cross-country bike ride.
Another alternative is to mail your bike back home. They have special packages, that you take your bike to the bike stop, they disassemble it and ship to your bike shop. Then they reassemble. After watching the videos, you wouldn't even need the bike shop. Just somewhere to ship your box too. Makes me want to go on vacation now to get the air caddy. lol
http://www.aircaddy.com/

Last edited:

Juney

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Howdy Good People,
Sorry I haven't posted in a lo-o-oog time but so many things have been happening as of late. First we got caught in the California (Butte) forest fire that reduced our house to a shoebox full of ash, wiped out most of the trees around us and just fried the habitat. Dealing with whether to rebuild or move and dealing with the insurance company on that score used up a lot of my brain power. Then too, my wife was beginning to become frustrated at my "obsession" with the Elio saying I was like a kid standing in front of the candy store with empty pockets. Well, Look at the Elio!! Who wouldn't!?? Well, most things are behind me now and.... I'm ba..a..c.c.k!:rolleyes:
Now, When I pick up my Elio the scenario will be thus.... I have a brother and sister in Little Rock, Ark, for a rest stop then on to a sister in Texas, a brother in New Mexico, another brother in Arizona. After that will be a cousin and a niece in L.A. then home to Castro Valley, Ca. Later I'll go visit my other brother in Manteca, ca. then go finish sifting the ashes at the house just outside of Mokelumne Hill,ca. Taking my time, I figure to be on the road about 3 to 4 weeks!!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the fire damage .... hopefully you have things headded in the right direction .... sounds like a fun trip .... :D

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If possible I'll try to take my son along, I figure there's a good learning opportunity to see a bit of the country. And if the ODB works with my wifi reader, he's already reasonably good for keeping an eye on engine performance while I'm focused on traffic, etc.
I hope you have time for at least one shower between Shreveport and maine. Between you and the kid you're not going to have a lot of room for clean clothes. The downside to Elio!

Okie51

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Howdy Good People,
Sorry I haven't posted in a lo-o-oog time but so many things have been happening as of late. First we got caught in the California (Butte) forest fire that reduced our house to a shoebox full of ash, wiped out most of the trees around us and just fried the habitat. Dealing with whether to rebuild or move and dealing with the insurance company on that score used up a lot of my brain power. Then too, my wife was beginning to become frustrated at my "obsession" with the Elio saying I was like a kid standing in front of the candy store with empty pockets. Well, Look at the Elio!! Who wouldn't!?? Well, most things are behind me now and.... I'm ba..a..c.c.k!:rolleyes:
Now, When I pick up my Elio the scenario will be thus.... I have a brother and sister in Little Rock, Ark, for a rest stop then on to a sister in Texas, a brother in New Mexico, another brother in Arizona. After that will be a cousin and a niece in L.A. then home to Castro Valley, Ca. Later I'll go visit my other brother in Manteca, ca. then go finish sifting the ashes at the house just outside of Mokelumne Hill,ca. Taking my time, I figure to be on the road about 3 to 4 weeks!!
Sorry for your property loss. Love your trip idea, great way to touch base with family with your snazzy wheels. I will just have a 5.5 to 6 hour drive from Shreveport to Tulsa. I might stop on the way home to see a submarine. I will visit my sister in Tulsa when I return to show off my Blue Elio.

Top Bottom