• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Kinda like pulling into the driveway after bringing the Elio home......................:D
Yep! You see the same picture I do. When I bring it home, I will wake up Every one and I do mean EVERY ONE in my apartment complex of older occupants. I was afraid, when I moved in, 18 years ago, I would have a problem with them because I would Fire the Harley off at 5AM on Friday for a week-end ride. Little did I know, they had forgotten about that by Sunday evening when I returned. It may have helped that the manager and her husband are also Harley riders.
I could write a book on the stuff I've 'Gotten Away' with here.
I risk Eviction every day but 'Living On the Edge' is worth every minute of that.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just put a Thrush glasspack, or better yet, V&H Short Shots or my Jardine Rumblers 1 into 2 on your Elio. They'll hear you comin' before they see you on the road and they're guaranteed to wake up the folks at home any hour of the day or night.

Last edited:

harlan stephens

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see this work. The idea and concept are great.
Being on a fixed low goverment salary.
I do however have many reservations about 1k in non refundable faith in it.
To much here reminds me of a high rise condo scam in norfolk va. A few years ago.
Here are my concerns.
Out of everthing I have read. The prototype is running an old metro motor. And nothing other than a mock up of the motor has been seen. At this point not even a single whole concept has been made.
The factory in the video is emply except for a few guys pushing buttons on old gm machines. And even some of them have been sold to raise money. Outsorcing of bodypannels ? Thats not making sence to me eather with all the tooling and machines in the old gm plant.
Not trying to rain on the parade here. But just saying things imho are not adding up to the point I would drop 1k on.
Show me a finished concept . Show me your own motor running .
Tell me about whats working and what needs work still...the silence only feeds the sceptic in me.
Just sayin.
Again I sure would like to see this happen.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Harlan --- No way Elio is a scam. Too much much involved. Too many people. Too much money. Paul Elio I believe to be an honorable man with a vision. An engineer who possibly let his vision lead him into an area where he's in over his head. But not a scam. A man who is smart enough to know where to hire people who are smart enough to make this work. It may take a while to make it all work but no scam. It all comes down to faith. What do you believe. It's going to happen irregardless. Be patient.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To much here reminds me of a high rise condo scam in norfolk va. A few years ago.
Here are my concerns.
Out of everthing I have read. The prototype is running an old metro motor. And nothing other than a mock up of the motor has been seen. At this point not even a single whole concept has been made.
The factory in the video is emply except for a few guys pushing buttons on old gm machines. And even some of them have been sold to raise money. Outsorcing of bodypannels ? Thats not making sence to me eather with all the tooling and machines in the old gm plant.
Not trying to rain on the parade here. But just saying things imho are not adding up to the point I would drop 1k on.
Tell me about whats working and what needs work still...the silence only feeds the sceptic in me.
Just sayin.

All I can suggest to you is, don't do it. You have the same information available to you as the rest of us. In spite of all of that, you have some serious doubts. We are all aware of the risks involved, and still I have faith that it is going to happen. IMHO, if EM doesn't happen, it will be 100% due to greed from corrupt & powerful entities. That is my only concern.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here are my concerns.
Just sayin.

O'No. Not this again.
upload_2014-10-5_18-37-22.jpeg

Top Bottom