• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

imageon

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will it suck seed. Yes. But I can't just suck them I end up eating them husk and all.
Oops brain flagellant.
I am in 100% It may take it a while to be cranking out 200,000 a year but they should get past 7 or 8000 which will get me mine.
MK

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would love to see this work. The idea and concept are great.
Being on a fixed low goverment salary.
I do however have many reservations about 1k in non refundable faith in it.
To much here reminds me of a high rise condo scam in norfolk va. A few years ago.
Here are my concerns.
Out of everthing I have read. The prototype is running an old metro motor. And nothing other than a mock up of the motor has been seen. At this point not even a single whole concept has been made.
The factory in the video is emply except for a few guys pushing buttons on old gm machines. And even some of them have been sold to raise money. Outsorcing of bodypannels ? Thats not making sence to me eather with all the tooling and machines in the old gm plant.
Not trying to rain on the parade here. But just saying things imho are not adding up to the point I would drop 1k on.
Show me a finished concept . Show me your own motor running .
Tell me about whats working and what needs work still...the silence only feeds the sceptic in me.
Just sayin.
Again I sure would like to see this happen.
harlan, sounds like to me that you might already be spread a tad, "thin," and possibly lack the discretionary funds to "float" the $1000 dollars.

I am not one of them, but we ALL know folks out in the world that waste more money a year on cigarettes, beer, and various other asundries. Certainly, harlan, you DO NOT fit into that mold, but I do respect your view, and would agree, that for YOU, it would probably be best for all if you sit this dance out.

Best of luck, harlan. ;)

BeerBrewer

Elio Fan
Reaction score
This word "scam" is driving me up a wall. Is anyone really suggesting that a dozen or more talented reputable executives and engineers are sitting around an office hatching a plot to extort money out of the public with no intention of delivering a product? That's crazy talk.

Uhhh... I think that goes on in the Oval Office whenever there's a Cabinet Meeting.

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Call me "cautiously optimistic" - so I believe that is "other". I am "all in" but not for the grand, just $250, and that is where I will sit until I see some concrete progress. While other may downplay the dropoff in new reservations, I see that as a bad sign. After all, Elio is in the "marketing phase", and in sales, a 50% decline in daily reservations means trouble. In sales, that number is your ONLY KPI, so every effort is made to increase it. I will await further 'good news' but take it with a grain of salt unless I see actual movement. I am a backer of the E3 also, and that hasn't moved any either, after a very big publicity drive last year.
heres an E3 promo -

ET3cutaway2s-web.jpg

Top Bottom