• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Know How Big Of Tire We Can Stuff Under The Back?

JCar

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Yes I know it's front wheel drive...
a3nwo7.jpg

but it is an American car so it needs some meat under it!

Apparently fuel efficiency is already a secondary goal in the tuner market. I'd want a more robust rear tire for potential blowouts, maybe.

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would pep boys know about them yet it will be a year an a half at best before they see one?

In my case I couldn't care less,the nearest pep boys to me is over 3 hours away and they will never see my Elio.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would pep boys know about them yet it will be a year an a half at best before they see one?

In my case I couldn't care less,the nearest pep boys to me is over 3 hours away and they will never see my Elio.
I agree that Pep Boys don't need to know about it until it starts showing up for their service.

I have often wondered about people in your situation. You said you are over 3 hours away from the nearest pep boys. Guarantee work usually needs an approved mechanic center. Has EM said to you anything about who to take it to for service?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree that Pep Boys don't need to know about it until it starts showing up for their service.

I have often wondered about people in your situation. You said you are over 3 hours away from the nearest pep boys. Guarantee work usually needs an approved mechanic center. Has EM said to you anything about who to take it to for service?
They've mentioned that they are aware of the situation, but have not shared a workable solution

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

My is 1 hour and 21 minutes (63.9 miles), which for me is a long ways. Unless Pep Boys gets one closer to home, don't see them getting mine either.

On the bright side, I'm very very use to paying for my repairs having a 94 ranger that been out of warranty for the last 17+ years. You would think the Elio wouldn't have close to the repairs I been paying for an aging truck. (knock on wood)

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They've mentioned that they are aware of the situation, but have not shared a workable solution
I understand that you will be able to take the Elio to your local good mechanic. I recall it was stated by Paul in a tech blog or a video. Of course I don't recommend Vern's Auto which is located behind his shed/barn. Ha!

(Disclaimer: Vern's is a made up name and has no reference/relations to any actual auto repair shop if ones does exist and/or is behind the barn)

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL I am that Vern guy hanging out in the barn! I've tinkered with cars my whole life and built several show and race cars over the years. I also spent 7 miserable years as a line technician at a large Chevy dealer. I love tinkering on cars in the garage and even if there was a pep boys across the street from me I wouldn't let them work on it anyway.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL I am that Vern guy hanging out in the barn! I've tinkered with cars my whole life and built several show and race cars over the years. I also spent 7 miserable years as a line technician at a large Chevy dealer. I love tinkering on cars in the garage and even if there was a pep boys across the street from me I wouldn't let them work on it anyway.
So how about a pic of the Miata?

Top Bottom