• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Know How Big Of Tire We Can Stuff Under The Back?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Didn't white letters go out of style in the 80s?
Edit: every tire I've ever seen is lettered on both sides.

because race car
2013-12-12-fia-wec-new-audi-r18-e-tron-quattro_131212-8563.jpg

Just because want to be race car. This company makes kits to do this to your tires its hella expensive though
TW-RACING-FONT-PIC.jpg

ferrari1-gallerypage.jpg

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An interesting comparison of the 135/70-R15 and the 135/75-R15 tires on Tacomaworld.com:

135x70xR15-135x75xR15.png
135x70xR15-135x75xR15_sbs.png

The dimensions of the tires gives you a better idea of how they will scale with the car - and there isn't a whole lot of difference between them. I'd opt for the slightly larger 75-series tires if for no other reason than to gain a fraction of an inch of sidewall that would, in theory at least, provide a tiny bit more compliance.

Last edited:

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An interesting comparison of the 135/70-R15 and the 135/75-R15 tires on Tacomaworld.com:

135x70xR15-135x75xR15.png
135x70xR15-135x75xR15_sbs.png

The dimensions of the tires gives you a better idea of how they will scale with the car - and there isn't a whole lot of difference between them. I'd opt for the slightly larger 75-series tires if for no other reason than to gain a fraction of an inch of sidewall that would, in theory at least, provide a tiny bit more compliance.

Would this be the difference between front and back or just comparing the two sizes?

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
the two front tires in possible sizes. the rear will be wider than the fronts

We are not sure if the rear will be wider than the front or not. It has been discussed both ways at times. Just one of those details that are TBD.

My guess is that EM does not want to use a different size for the rear, saves money to only have one tire all the way around, however we will see how it all plays out. My guess is that testing will be the determining factor.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most people likely would not want to outfit the Elio with wider tires for MPG reasons however for those interested in looks or handling this should be fairly easy to accomplish on this vehicle. Except for the easy to replace stock enclosed fenders the Elio front end should be able to accommodate fairly wide tires since bodywork clearance will not be an issue. The rear tire size will likely really only be limited by the design of the swing-arm as there should actually be plenty of room under even the stock rear fenders to place a much larger tire. I am sure people will engineer aftermarket swing-arms to accommodate some fat tires back there. :cool:
"some fat tires back there" I think there will only be room for ONE! LOL!

charchri4

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well the good news is they are designing the car for a 22 1/2" tire so even though that is pretty short it leaves open several good options in the 195 to 225 range for tires. I hope the bolt pattern is 4x100!

Top Bottom