• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apple Developing Electric Car Wsj 2/13

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, it is the media's spin and the current administration's demonizing the oil companies. Apple has a much higher profit margin yet the media swoons over them, not much word on their sweat shops in China either. I give apple credit they know how to use the media.

Just watched the local news. Short story about Apple possibly in neg. with TESLA about buying the company in the"B" dollar amount..
Should have paid more attention as to what was said.
Maybe someone can find more info.

I still got faith in the ELIO. I'll "keep on truckin" in my INSIGHT (g1) till then.
Willie

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No, it is the media's spin and the current administration's demonizing the oil companies. Apple has a much higher profit margin yet the media swoons over them, not much word on their sweat shops in China either. I give apple credit they know how to use the media.
Did ya catch the headline Tues about the freight train that derailed> The explosions were massive. Initial reports of nearby residents reported that residue from the explosion rained down 2 miles away, at closer examination, investigators realized it wasn't oil tankers, but box cars full of iPhones causing the environmental pollution. Although government officials had warned about the dangers of such an event happening, their message went unheeded
Those folks who could possibly imagine such an event see the possibility of thin walled oil cars, that easily explode could only add to nearby communities,
as it was determined that oil causes more damage and pollution to drinking water than any phones could.

B P
did remind those that would listen, that in fact it wasn't their well, but a container ship loaded with iMacs. that affected the very shoreline and shrimp industry in the State that the new gas saving vehicle (The Elio) will be manufactured, offering jobs to help the state's economy recover. The oil companies claim "no responsibility" for this event, but out of the goodness of their heart, this foreign company has "donated" billions!!
Thank G*D for the oil industry, they provide the cover for the coal industry!

Last edited:

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, if we built another pipeline that train would not have been carrying oil. Did you catch the news on the suicides and terrible working conditions on the Apple plants in China? Has Apple made enough profits yet? Ask our President about when enough is enough. Apple is the richest company in the world. Maybe, they should lower their profit margins or are they greedy. Hey, greed is the American way, I like it I bought Apple stock in 2002 when they were $7. So, if the elio is built I should sell some of my shares to buy one.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe, if we built another pipeline that train would not have been carrying oil. Did you catch the news on the suicides and terrible working conditions on the Apple plants in China? Has Apple made enough profits yet? Ask our President about when enough is enough. Apple is the richest company in the world. Maybe, they should lower their profit margins or are they greedy. Hey, greed is the American way, I like it I bought Apple stock in 2002 when they were $7. So, if the elio is built I should sell some of my shares to buy one.
If you fortunate enough to but apple at 7, you would have no need to follow EM, you can have your own hand crafted to your specifications. Do you have a pleasant side- or does bad Karma follow you everywhere?

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Build Apple EVS and you won't need the additional pipeline. The minimum wage working environment may not be that great right here at home. Are you refering to the President of Apple? Actual Apple employees seem quite happy when I frequent their stores for products and training classes.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
did ya catch the recent ruptures ofoil pipe lines?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AND thesis from 6/2011!!
Two Decades of Spills
Since 1990, more than 110 million gallons of mostly crude and petroleum products have spilled from the nation’s mainland pipeline network. More than half of it occurred in three states — Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana — where more pipelines exist. Related Article »
0910-pipeline-spills.png

THE NEW YORK TIMES |
Send Feedback
Source: Department of Transportation, Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong… there shouldn't be one gallon of spill anywhere. So I'm not excusing any kind of spillage.

But we do use a helluva lot of gas in our country. Do you have an idea as to how many gallons of gas our country uses alone in a year? I see where the US used 134 BILLION gallons in 2012 alone. If you're moving billions of anything, there's going to be some accidents. Hopefully, they're getting better with pipelines, learning from past accidents. That's what I've read somewhere.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Build Apple EVS and you won't need the additional pipeline. The minimum wage working environment may not be that great right here at home. Are you refering to the President of Apple? Actual Apple employees seem quite happy when I frequent their stores for products and training classes.

We're do we get the electricity from? The current production of electricity is made mostly from fossil fuels. The average electric car has basically the equvialnt of 80,000 miles of polution just being built. The additional costs will never be made up as long as gas prices are what they are today. Electric cars being zero emission is a joke, they just emit emissions somewhere else. Unless you know how to make electricity cheaply and with no emissions it is all just smoke and mirrors,

Top Bottom