• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I rather enjoy your dark cynical sarcasm, but not so much when you make a claim that you can not possibly know is fact or not, as you are not privy to that information.
I'm only going by what the poster was referring to in probably 10 other posts. For example, the Nimbus has never said what their national service will be. So that is equally off the table. The way I see it is the three wheeler crowd is very specific on what they want and in the early days were more than happy to throw money at products in the three wheeler industry. Since companies like Elio promised a whole bunch and delivered nothing, it has pretty much made it more difficult for the industry. Even Arcimoto is to blame for this as there are superfans which will not buy the product because it doesn't meet their specific needs.

I hand it to you for making your product but it'll be quite the challenge here in the states. I do understand and this is why when I look at a company like Vanderhall, they figured it out and make according to the sales load as opposed to telling us how many they will sell at a certain date. For example, 250K in the second year of production (which was to be 2015) for Elio and 50K for FUV in 2025 is not in the cards. So their price points for what they want to offer just won't work.

As for the national service, yes, I do not know. Thus it becomes a mystery and which is why some can question it or will wait until it was announced. This is why when we all found out Pep Boys was going to do service and warranty, it added to credibility to the product. If you do a search here you'll see long discussions about it and the Pep Boys service dead zones. It was fixed as people here will fix your dead Elio in those areas and Elio was talking to independent shops for service. Since that was a Paul Elio claim, I now have a hard time believing he was honest with us. Just telling us what we wanted to hear.

For Arcimoto, they just can't afford to train, pay and manage the service area they wanted, thus why they are limited geographically. On the other hand, they could have spent the last three years visiting powersports dealer and signing them up as franchises. After that supply them all with service, parts and warranty information. Plus allowing a few demos all over the country at these dealers for people to experience the fun and thus drive the sales to the moon. Yet they tried to do it the hard way.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
RSchneider, I don’t enjoy your dark cynical sarcasm. It’s detrimental to a new startup company that actually crossed the production finish line. I give Arcimoto credit due. The engineered tubular frame inadvertently didn’t allow for the full door option that created my interest in purchasing the FUV. It was such a fun ride, I may decide to purchase the 1/2 door option and store it over the winter months when regional sales expansion allows for it. My opinion only… the FUV provides more driver/rider comfort and is a much safer alternative to any other three wheeler motorcycle currently on the market.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I spotted a steering wheel in the Faction FUV!
1684808762949.jpeg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Short video from the last FUV Rally. I’m missing out on both the FUV Rally and the should have been Elio Rallys discussed years ago.

Top Bottom