• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the FUV owners has designed and engineered some innovative ‘Upper Enclosures’ that look to provide a functional full enclosure option for the FUV. The fit and finish appears very acceptable and his aftermarket product is catching on and in demand.

1686281887056.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the FUV owners has designed and engineered some innovative ‘Upper Enclosures’ that look to provide a functional full enclosure option for the FUV. The fit and finish appears very acceptable and his aftermarket product is catching on and in demand.

View attachment 26598
You have to unzip them just to open the door. No thanks. That's dangerous. Why Arcimoto can't just copy the Jeep with half doors design is beyond me. You can open and close the door without unzipping the window. Plus the upper part just sits in the lower part to make them easy to remove for a nice day of driving. My old Jeep had this so it's not new technology.

Replacement pair for just $120
Same thing but they have a slider for just $635
Full two piece fabric doors:

Maybe Arcimoto should contact a company like Bestop and have them do the design as they are in that business. Just contracting out the work to a specialty company like Bestop, they could adapt and make Jeep like half door uppers and thus the sales would go up as that's what people have been asking for. It also gives you the open air feeling as you can just lift out the whole assembly when you want and set them in the garage. Just ask anyone that had a Jeep with half doors. They are not perfect but do the job. Actually have got better over the years.

You'd think that at one of the planning meetings, something like this would have been brought up. As simple search of "Jeep half doors" comes up with tons of products and pics. Someone working there must have owned a Jeep at one time of their life. Instead someone looked at this and said, "Lets turn the box 90 degrees and call it a MUV." All brand new idea.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You have to unzip them just to open the door. No thanks. That's dangerous. Why Arcimoto can't just copy the Jeep with half doors design is beyond me. You can open and close the door without unzipping the window. Plus the upper part just sits in the lower part to make them easy to remove for a nice day of driving. My old Jeep had this so it's not new technology.

Replacement pair for just $120
Same thing but they have a slider for just $635
Full two piece fabric doors:

Maybe Arcimoto should contact a company like Bestop and have them do the design as they are in that business. Just contracting out the work to a specialty company like Bestop, they could adapt and make Jeep like half door uppers and thus the sales would go up as that's what people have been asking for. It also gives you the open air feeling as you can just lift out the whole assembly when you want and set them in the garage. Just ask anyone that had a Jeep with half doors. They are not perfect but do the job. Actually have got better over the years.

You'd think that at one of the planning meetings, something like this would have been brought up. As simple search of "Jeep half doors" comes up with tons of products and pics. Someone working there must have owned a Jeep at one time of their life. Instead someone looked at this and said, "Lets turn the box 90 degrees and call it a MUV." All brand new idea.
It’s not like they haven’t tried. Apparently full doors are not possible due to the engineering/design of the tubular frame. The frame has to be reengineered, perhaps a stamped frame rather than welded tubular, but I don’t think it will happen. The owners using the soft upper enclosures seem to like them. I require hard full doors. Some of the first 100 order customers still don’t have their half doors installed some 3 1/2 years later. Arcimoto simply can’t get their shit together.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, unless they start selling in all 50 states, their market is severely limited. Thus, aftermarket will not pick up on it because they just don't sell enough. Eugene seems to be the epicenter of all things FUV. You can only do that for so long. Maybe Arcimoto needs to rethink the direct sales approach and go with franchised dealers. That way they can more quickly get the whole service thing solved as opposed to waiting to find someone in some state that can work on them and then claim that state is now open. That's not working because if anyone has ever been to New York State, that place is big and you need a number of dealers in the state to be there for service. From what i see is, it's pretty much a hodge podge of hobbyists that owns these things. They are not showing that they are ready for the number of sales they think they will get.

This comes back to the doors. Anywhere I go see comments, full doors is the number one request. Why the company decided against it is beyond me. This MUV is just another sales tactic that will pretty much fail like the Deliverator has. Main reason is that it doesn't have doors. The US does have winter and rain. Top it off, companies like Cushman already offer similar products, so Arcimoto seems to never address that. Go to any large college campus they either have those tiny Kei trucks or Cushmans for all of their service.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At this point, unless they start selling in all 50 states, their market is severely limited. Thus, aftermarket will not pick up on it because they just don't sell enough. Eugene seems to be the epicenter of all things FUV. You can only do that for so long. Maybe Arcimoto needs to rethink the direct sales approach and go with franchised dealers. That way they can more quickly get the whole service thing solved as opposed to waiting to find someone in some state that can work on them and then claim that state is now open. That's not working because if anyone has ever been to New York State, that place is big and you need a number of dealers in the state to be there for service. From what i see is, it's pretty much a hodge podge of hobbyists that owns these things. They are not showing that they are ready for the number of sales they think they will get.

This comes back to the doors. Anywhere I go see comments, full doors is the number one request. Why the company decided against it is beyond me. This MUV is just another sales tactic that will pretty much fail like the Deliverator has. Main reason is that it doesn't have doors. The US does have winter and rain. Top it off, companies like Cushman already offer similar products, so Arcimoto seems to never address that. Go to any large college campus they either have those tiny Kei trucks or Cushmans for all of their service.
I’ve been asking them to change their direct to consumer sales model to local sales/rental/service/parts dealership partners and doubt they have considered the option. They didn’t decide against full doors, the tubular frame doesn’t allow for it and will take engineering and design changes that should be made prior to implementing plans for scaled production numbers and not going to happen anytime soon if ever.

However, the FUV limited market demographic provides competition for other three wheeler motorcycles on the market. Many current owners are retired MC riders and others have never considered purchasing a MC prior to the FUV experience. With that said their still a possibility for success.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been asking them to change their direct to consumer sales model to local sales/rental/service/parts dealership partners and doubt they have considered the option. They didn’t decide against full doors, the tubular frame doesn’t allow for it and will take engineering and design changes that should be made prior to implementing plans for scaled production numbers and not going to happen anytime soon if ever.
The SEC filing showed a pic of it, so it can be done. If not, they lied and that's just like Elio then. Show us a finished product, put it in the specs and then never do it, but hide behind the fact that they can actually do it. Dissapointed with the company. As you know I showed a pic and specs of what I was talking about. No need to do that again.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SEC filing showed a pic of it, so it can be done. If not, they lied and that's just like Elio then. Show us a finished product, put it in the specs and then never do it, but hide behind the fact that they can actually do it. Dissapointed with the company. As you know I showed a pic and specs of what I was talking about. No need to do that again.
No comparison to Elio Motors no test drive, let alone certified production vehicle scenario. Half doors are available and proposed full enclosure option covered by safe harbor statements. I do respect what they accomplished, simply disappointed by the current missing full door option. I have zero respect for EM ‘s (Elio Marketing) successful Hello Elio Marketing campaign. .

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No comparison to Elio Motors no test drive, let alone certified production vehicle scenario. Half doors are available and proposed full enclosure option covered by safe harbor statements. I do respect what they accomplished, simply disappointed by the current missing full door option. I have zero respect for EM ‘s (Elio Marketing) successful Hello Elio Marketing campaign. .
Just like Elio, protected by those safe harbor statements. Thus, they never were required to sell what they advertised or even sell it at all. Same for Arcimoto. So, I guess that's fine with people. Stand behind the boilerplate and see what happens. Do whatever you want and tell the people that who put down money, "This is as good as it gets."

It's like ordering a 16" pizza with pepperoni and onions for $5.99. With Elio, you never get it. With Arcimoto, they will only give it to people on the left side of the building and what they get is just a 14" cheese for $10.99. You are still left hanging. The excuse is from Elio Pizza, is that the markets are broken. The Arcimoto Pizza is that they just can't cover the whole dining area and as soon as they start selling thousands, the price will drop and they will cover the right side. Also, they have to retool for that extra 2" of diameter of pizza, so that will be at an unknown date.

I don't know what's worse. Not ever getting your pizza or just watching others get theirs (not what they ordered) while you have to wait on the sidelines. Then, the Arcimoto Pizza decides to show lots of videos of happy people and all of the new offerings they will have in the future. All while you sit on the right side of the restaurant, getting hungrier.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just like Elio, protected by those safe harbor statements. Thus, they never were required to sell what they advertised or even sell it at all. Same for Arcimoto. So, I guess that's fine with people. Stand behind the boilerplate and see what happens. Do whatever you want and tell the people that who put down money, "This is as good as it gets."

It's like ordering a 16" pizza with pepperoni and onions for $5.99. With Elio, you never get it. With Arcimoto, they will only give it to people on the left side of the building and what they get is just a 14" cheese for $10.99. You are still left hanging. The excuse is from Elio Pizza, is that the markets are broken. The Arcimoto Pizza is that they just can't cover the whole dining area and as soon as they start selling thousands, the price will drop and they will cover the right side. Also, they have to retool for that extra 2" of diameter of pizza, so that will be at an unknown date.

I don't know what's worse. Not ever getting your pizza or just watching others get theirs (not what they ordered) while you have to wait on the sidelines. Then, the Arcimoto Pizza decides to show lots of videos of happy people and all of the new offerings they will have in the future. All while you sit on the right side of the restaurant, getting hungrier.
I make my own wood fired pizza and it took awhile to perfect it.

Top Bottom