• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On a serious note, I wonder if the Arcimoto or the Solo uses something to cool their batteries too like the more expensive Tesla that uses a coolant ( I think) that circulates around the battery to keep the temp. in check.
SRK... I asked on FB. Waiting for an answer.

Solo... At last word: Air cooled. But, you can ask if that's still the plan via a live help chat @ http://electrameccanica.com/
Click on the blue "Chat with us" tab on the far right side of the home page.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The debate over air cooled or liquid cooled battery is not really a huge deal. The Kia Soul EV is air cooled, while the Tesla and Nissan Leaf are liquid cooled. The only time it makes any difference is when you're charging on a DC Fast Charge station, and even then only sometimes. To my knowledge, the SRK won't even come with a 440v charge port, so the point is moot.

An onboard battery heater for cold-weather would be a more useful feature.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hemp milk and chicken free eggs? WTF?:confused:
Yeah, I asked them what chicken free eggs were on FB. I'll see if I can dig up the answer.
It was something like scientists at some university growing egg protein in a petri dish.
Supposedly someone is investing in ramping it up into a commercial application.
I have, however heard of Hemp milk being sold in some health food stores.

I think I even saw it somewhere once.
But that could have been a side effect of just thinking about it.

Last edited:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
at 1:22 in the video, the announcer calls it the Ark - uh- moto.
I love the tongue in cheek "And to the investors out there who have yet to pitch in, we have just two words: Wire Transfer" and then it pops up banking info. Too funny!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The debate over air cooled or liquid cooled battery is not really a huge deal. The Kia Soul EV is air cooled, while the Tesla and Nissan Leaf are liquid cooled. The only time it makes any difference is when you're charging on a DC Fast Charge station, and even then only sometimes. To my knowledge, the SRK won't even come with a 440v charge port, so the point is moot.

An onboard battery heater for cold-weather would be a more useful feature.
I just was on the FAQ page for the SRK. They're looking into fast charge, but so far are only planning on having 110 and 220v.
Seth, We're having a pretty good debate on air vs liquid cooled over yonder. Could I quote your post over there? I'd appreciate it.

Oh, yeah... Arcimoto says they'll have a heater and de-fog onboard and are working on a complete cabin H/C system for production.
And... Jerry Kroll is now talking about making the air conditioning and heated seats standard on the Solo to simplify and streamline production.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
at 1:22 in the video, the announcer calls it the Ark - uh- moto.
I love the tongue in cheek "And to the investors out there who have yet to pitch in, we have just two words: Wire Transfer" and then it pops up banking info. Too funny!
The announcer is Mark Frohnmyer, CEO of Arcimoto. The entire A Team has a great sense of humor and a serious side that is getting Signature Series SRK's built and currently moving into their new manufacturing facility.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SRK... I asked on FB. Waiting for an answer.

Solo... At last word: Air cooled. But, you can ask if that's still the plan via a live help chat @ http://electrameccanica.com/
Click on the blue "Chat with us" tab on the far right side of the home page.
It's been pretty quiet on the Arcimoto front for a while.
They've said they're going to be moving into and tooling up their new facility this month.
Here's something FYI from their FB page...

Elio Amazed "Another question from the gallery... Batteries on the production SRK: Air or liquid cooled?"
Arcimoto "Currently air cooled. Post-production ongoing R&D will continue to explore options for improving battery cooling efficiency."

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's been pretty quiet on the Arcimoto front for a while.
They've said they're going to be moving into and tooling up their new facility this month.
Here's something FYI from their FB page...

Elio Amazed "Another question from the gallery... Batteries on the production SRK: Air or liquid cooled?"
Arcimoto "Currently air cooled. Post-production ongoing R&D will continue to explore options for improving battery cooling efficiency."
Quiet is a good sign on Arcimoto's front. They were very quiet prior to the unveil of the successful SRK Gen 8 as well. It means they are busy working on the SRK Signature Series Builds and getting the manufacturing facility set up and ready to go. The A Team are hands on and are focusing on getting the SRK to production, rather than using their in house design/engineering/mechanical talent and limited financial resources on marketing. This has to be a busy time for the small, but focused A Team.

Top Bottom