• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not that your typical Elio Owner Forum member has interest, but I found it interesting to discover that Arcimoto recently submitted their first draft application for a $100 Million ATVM low interest loan earmarked to expand their Eugene, OR manufacturing plant as well as to build an east coast manufacturing plant. I thought the Trump Administrations legislative efforts to shut that program down was successful, but apparently not. It must still be funded and accepting applications. Your good news is perhaps there is still hope for EM’s ATVM Loan approval if they can only build a driveable, fully tested, ready to manufacture production Elio.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Three more Beta FUV’s used for testing and Experience Center test drives roll out the AMP. Temporary Center headlamps added as part of the motorcycle validation process. The final Center headlamp design will likely reveal on the upcoming Q4 Pilot Fleet.
I was curious how Elio would handle the required center headlight. Likely a hood-scoop styled headlamp similar to what EMV did for the USA destined SOLO’S.

15FC03DE-2C61-4A8F-8ACA-508F32455033.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has to be fake news. I heard over and over again a while back how Arcimoto was in production and delivering to customers. So this news of beta and pilot testing has to be just made up news.

As for those extra headlights, that's obviously an afterthought as they look like they bought a set of cheap fog lights off of Amazon and slapped them on there.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This has to be fake news. I heard over and over again a while back how Arcimoto was in production and delivering to customers. So this news of beta and pilot testing has to be just made up news.

As for those extra headlights, that's obviously an afterthought as they look like they bought a set of cheap fog lights off of Amazon and slapped them on there.

In the filing, Arcimoto admits to some delays and growing pains. To reach high-volume manufacturing, the company has needed time to redesign the FUV’s upper frame, to make it suitable for “robotic mass production,” the company said. Plus, there were delays in receiving supplies of motors, motor controllers and batteries, with parts that were expected in the fourth quarter of 2017 not arriving until the end of the first quarter of 2018, the company said. In addition, manufacture of two test vehicles took longer than expected “due primarily to the fitting of body panel parts,” the company said.

http://www.registerguard.com/news/20180703/arcimoto-ramps-up-production-at-eugene-factory

Arcimoto has delivered several Signature SRKs

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score

They are in production and delivering to customers, but it is limited production. Looks like they had 8-10 Signature series, plan on 15 Beta series, etc... as they move towards mass production.

https://insideevs.com/arcimoto-delivers-signature-series/

If Elio had made their fleet 100 and leased them to fleet customers, we could say Elio was in production. Like that. Not mass production, but at least they are hitting the road and customer's driveways.

Agreed that the headlights look like an afterthought but that is because they were. I bet the production versions will be better designed. They probably thought the autocycle classification would be farther along or that they could somehow get around it like Elio seems to be thinking. I would not be shocked if Elio has to adopt central headlights too, like the Slingshot did.
2015_polaris_slingshot-4-jpg.1657

Last edited:

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would not be shocked if Elio has to adopt central headlights too, like the Slingshot did.
2015_polaris_slingshot-4-jpg.1657

I absolutely love the look of the Slingshot, it's a shame I value my life (or that my wife seems to). I put out some feelers on an electric motorcycle that's coming out soon, and she let me know in no uncertain terms that I was not going to be getting one.

Top Bottom