• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arizona People

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
New to this site in Tucson, #1139.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Lov2Av8. I have a friend who lives on 4 1/2 acres outside of Sahuarita. I tried to explain the Elio to her but as a devoted Jeep and truck driver, she simply doesn't get it. Her loss. LOL Congratulations on having your number. I hope you enjoy the eclectic and interesting group here. There are many discussions, stories, pictures, speculations, facts, shared ideas all in the name of Elio. I consider this an adventure of a life time and I hope you find that true too. Next year in our Elios! :-) Z

Lov2Av8

Reaction score
New to this group but have been with the Elio Owners group on Face Book for a while. Saw the P4 in Tucson. My girlfriend saw the P3 in Phoenix and was even interviewed on Fox news. Can't wait to replace my leased Leaf with an Elio.

reluctorvalve

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hello from Chino Valley (near Prescott)! My thanks to Lilly Patterson from the Elio Facebook page who posted up a link to this forum, and holy cow how much better this traffic is compared to their FB page sans trolls and naysayers! I discovered the Elio a few months back, and having been wrenching on cars all my life, it didn't take me long to see Elio's quality details in design, approach and intent. I placed a small All-In deposit at that time - I'm a former owner of a very similarly designed plans-built project, a reverse trike, called a 'Tri-Magnum,' which incidentally was designed by Mr. Robert Q. Riley from Scottsdale (RQRiley dot com) back in the 1970's. It was front-paged in the now defunct magazine Popular Mechanix, Feb. 1983, but plans are still available today. I was so excited (exactly like with the Elio) to locate and buy my own 75% built TM project, and had it for a number of years. However, my true passion for my own efforts are with antique iron, and not so much with a high-labor hour fiberglass-built project. Elio answers all the concerns that I had with my Tri-Magnum: A/C in the Arizona heat, safety concerns, and of course longevity - the TM requires a used motorcycle as a power train. Recently made the drive down to Chandler Fashion Square for their showing and it was then that I truly became excited. Look forward to seeing their last prototype design, and the results from later performance and safety testing. I don't spend time posting to forums, so I'm not experienced there but will try to post up a pic of an example Tri-Magnum for you all to see. Thx for this forum! r-

Attachments

• t-mag_bklite1.jpg
    t-mag_bklite1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 304

KenK

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm a former owner of a very similarly designed plans-built project, a reverse trike, called a 'Tri-Magnum,' which incidentally was designed by Mr. Robert Q. Riley from Scottsdale (RQRiley dot com) back in the 1970's. It was front-paged in the now defunct magazine Popular Mechanix, Feb. 1983, but plans are still available today.

Nice looking machine. Elio was not my first choice. I would much rather have a Carver One or a MonoTracer, but since the former is out of business and the latter is a ridiculous $80K, the Elio is where I will have to settle. It's not too bad, but it would be nice to have some lean in there. Elio is more like an enclosed Can-Am Sypder, and I don't care for those. I did make it to the Tucson show, so I know what I am probably getting in to. My judgement is reserved on whether or not I will replace my motorcycle with the Elio or supplement it.

My Tucson Elio Event photos: https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A8GWZuqDGYvVNq

Top Bottom