• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"back In Black"

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know the purpose/function/material composition of the black "siding" on the front fenders and rear side and back?
Purpose? It's pretty much a mud flap and a way to seal in the colored area of the wheel cover to complete the aero design. If it was open, air would pocket inside the front part and cause drag.
I think it's made of something like PVC composite.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to know if those pieces are designed to be easily removable so that we can check tire pressures without removing the whole fender.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to know if those pieces are designed to be easily removable so that we can check tire pressures without removing the whole fender.

the feder comes off with the removal of just 2 screws, it should take a minute or 2 to do.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is in no particular order magic,glue, screws or snaps in. They are meant to stay as one piece, if you are worried about the wheel being fully covered you could always order the retro fenders.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is in no particular order magic,glue, screws or snaps in. They are meant to stay as one piece, if you are worried about the wheel being fully covered you could always order the retro fenders.
Thanks. I was hoping they would be hinged for easy access to the wheel without full removal of the fender. Oh well.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to Jambe for his picture today in Elio Events 2016. It shows the best photo of the Fender securement I have seen. You can see how the Black Plastic wraps around. It should be a simple pull 2 pins, and lift entire fender off operation to look at the front tire. I plan on using some sort of pin lock and cotter pin type of set up. Will have to look at the final design in person while sipping a cup of coffee to figure it out for myself. Also will have to carry a towel to gently lay the fender on.
" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels. A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."

http://www.elioowners.com/attachments/img_0724-jpg.11293/

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/572273/00774

Last edited:
Top Bottom