• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"back In Black"

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to Jambe for his picture today in Elio Events 2016. It shows the best photo of the Fender securement I have seen. You can see how the Black Plastic wraps around. It should be a simple pull 2 pins, and lift entire fender off operation to look at the front tire. I plan on using some sort of pin lock and cotter pin type of set up. Will have to look at the final design in person while sipping a cup of coffee to figure it out for myself. Also will have to carry a towel to gently lay the fender on.
" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels. A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."

http://www.elioowners.com/attachments/img_0724-jpg.11293/

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/572273/00774
Thank you, for the clear photo of the back side of the fender. I have been wondering if a valve stem on the backside of the wheel would make it easier to check tire pressure . Now I see it would not help.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to sinc my wheels at the factory so that they all roll to expose the stems together. Roll once and expose all three. Don't say it. Some of us just radiate cool.
You do know that when a car turns, the outside wheel travels further than the inside wheel which means their speeds are not identical. That means they won't stay synced. You may radiate cool but good luck keeping those valve stems aligned

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you, for the clear photo of the back side of the fender. I have been wondering if a valve stem on the backside of the wheel would make it easier to check tire pressure . Now I see it would not help.
I'm going to splurge on the automatic tire pressure checking system. It's worth not getting down on my arthritic knees and crawling around underneath that thing to check the tire pressures

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..."Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear –"...
O wait! I got confused!!
I was remembering putting air in the rear tires of a '60 Cadillac Coup deVille with those neat skirts.
And then there were the skirts on the '57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.
And all the after market skirts we put on cars to look cool.
Somehow we figured out how to put air in our tires.
William, how well I remember. The last car looks like a 49 Merc. I had a 4-door model complete with fender skirts. Never had a problem airing up the tires but then we could also do our own tune-ups in front of our homes. Times have changed and what were simple tasks now seem difficult to some.

Top Bottom