• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"back In Black"

Lynn D

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks to Jambe for his picture today in Elio Events 2016. It shows the best photo of the Fender securement I have seen. You can see how the Black Plastic wraps around. It should be a simple pull 2 pins, and lift entire fender off operation to look at the front tire. I plan on using some sort of pin lock and cotter pin type of set up. Will have to look at the final design in person while sipping a cup of coffee to figure it out for myself. Also will have to carry a towel to gently lay the fender on.
" The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels. A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have."

http://www.elioowners.com/attachments/img_0724-jpg.11293/

https://www.pepboys.com/product/details/572273/00774

I'm going to keep my towel in the base of the massive speakers installed. :ear:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to know if those pieces are designed to be easily removable so that we can check tire pressures without removing the whole fender.
Why would you need to remove the fenders/wheel covers to check air pressure? Just roll the Elio backwards or forwards until the valve is below the skirt. That's what I do for the rear wheels on my Honda Insight. No problem.

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would you need to remove the fenders/wheel covers to check air pressure? Just roll the Elio backwards or forwards until the valve is below the skirt. That's what I do for the rear wheels on my Honda Insight. No problem.

That is what I would do. Additionally, if you don't want to go to the bother of bending over you could use a pressure cap to give you a visual without having to actually measure. Something like this.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Get the TPMS and it will tell you when a tire is low and then when you fill your tires it will tell you when the pressures are right.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That is what I would do. Additionally, if you don't want to go to the bother of bending over you could use a pressure cap to give you a visual without having to actually measure. Something like this.
Or step up a little more and get these, very accurate (more than the TPMS) and you don't even have to get out of the car to check them.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01C064XJU?psc=1

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Elio offers a TPMS for $84 it is most likely the only option I will get
That TPMS is very similar to the factory ones; the only problem with them is when you change tires; you change a tire (new rubber on rim) and you'll need to replace the TPMS sender in that wheel. On my Dodge, it was $35 per wheel.

Top Bottom