• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

"back In Black"

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That TPMS is very similar to the factory ones; the only problem with them is when you change tires; you change a tire (new rubber on rim) and you'll need to replace the TPMS sender in that wheel. On my Dodge, it was $35 per wheel.

It depends on the sensor, I know they run on a battery that typically last 5-8 years. Hopefully the Elio's will tell you the pressure of each tire and not just show that 1 is low.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Why would you need to remove the fenders/wheel covers to check air pressure? Just roll the Elio backwards or forwards until the valve is below the skirt. That's what I do for the rear wheels on my Honda Insight. No problem.
That's why.
image.jpeg

There's maybe 20-25% of the wheel exposed under fender. That means there's a 75-80% chance I will drive up to an air filling station and find that my tire valve is not exposed. So I back up the Elio to expose the valve. Assuming I'm not then blocking the gas station traffic, I top off my tire. Then I may have to repeat for the other side and the rear tire. No thanks. I'd rather find a way to make the panels removable or hinged.

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why. There's maybe 20-25% of the wheel exposed under fender.
It's really not that hard. I do it all the time. Just takes a little practice and patience. No TPMS in the Insight, either. Mark my words: It will be more hassle to remove the fenders and skirt than to play a little spin-the-Elio to get to the valves.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
..."Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear –"...
O wait! I got confused!!
I was remembering putting air in the rear tires of a '60 Cadillac Coup deVille with those neat skirts.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3-VqtKOgAiXCNMrtCxlDNSj5n0fYtpuWw14vgpF9CpnHnGAj6.jpg

And then there were the skirts on the '57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhyrVr88yVWniF5x74Z0MD0dmOdLfx6nkZ5Nd0uh1rAG-aoGW-.jpg

And all the after market skirts we put on cars to look cool.
upload_2016-9-6_7-20-51.jpeg

Somehow we figured out how to put air in our tires.

Top Bottom