• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Back Seat Question

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My car insurance includes road side service and towing; plus my AARP has some kind of road help as part of the program.
That's why I never bothered with Triple A.

And like others have said; a can of Fix-A-Flat (or something like it) is good enough to get you going if you're outside of phone coverage .
If you're really out in the boonies, I'd drive it on the rim if I had to.
I really don't plan on racing Baja with it.

If you're still really worried about it, I'd suggest shopping for a set of run flats.
With the way tires are constructed now, they are much more durable than they were 5 or 10 years ago.
run flats, by experience, changed the total handling character of (my BMW) what a costly mistake all to relieve the possibility of a flat
Don't some tow/roadside assistance insurance policies mention "to the nearest dealer"...........................??? (me smiling)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
run flats, by experience, changed the total handling character of (my BMW) what a costly mistake all to relieve the possibility of a flat
Don't some tow/roadside assistance insurance policies mention "to the nearest dealer"...........................??? (me smiling)
Yes; tell them the closest service depot is your house.

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh joy. Toting not 1, but 2, spare tyres. Do you really think 1 or the other, much less both would fit? For a highly unlikely event such as blowout...

Here's a crazy thought. Get the open fenders, and two additional base tires and run duals on the front. Carry 2 spares and not lose interior space. :rolleyes: ( I know, :crazy:) ( would look wild tho...)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a crazy thought. Get the open fenders, and two additional base tires and run duals on the front. Carry 2 spares and not lose interior space. :rolleyes: ( I know, :crazy:) ( would look wild tho...)
I think if anyone is really intent on carrying a spare, get one to match the front, or one of those space saver spares; if it's the rear tire that pops, just use the space saver, all the rear wheel does is hold up the back of the Elio; there nothing related to the operation of the vehicle that the back tire is used for other than holding up the rear of it. As long as the bolt pattern is the same, it will work long enough to get you to where help is.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Folding down the seat or quick removal will add approx 24" - 30" to the cargo area length. I seriously doubt I will ever have a tandem passenger ,
therefore no need for the back seat . For me the Elio is all about solo commuting and some possible business applications .
If the Elio will hold my Golf Clubs with the seat folded down, then there is sufficient storage space for me.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score

There was a version of the Sbarro super eight or super twelve that was the subject of a magazine article back in the early 1980s which had duals on each corner. I can only find pics of the "normal" car. All I remember of the whole thing are the dual motorcycle engines and grip similar to the Corvette.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your concept, but wouldn't that also cause wear on the spares? I'm assuming the spares have the same dimensions and are inflated the same as the OEMs. Or does your concept involved mounting spares that are lower profile than the OEMs such that they don't touch the ground?

Top Bottom