• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Caddo Commission Meeting 5/7/2015

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does one provide copies of contracts, documentation and URL's for materials which do NOT exist? The onus is on the dreamers who think these things are real. Read Comau's Feb 2014 PR on the possible future relationship with Elio www.comau.com
Comau is a public company, part of Fiat. No mention of Elio (as required by obligation to shareholders) in the annual report. I have spent a lot of time following every possible lead, looking for hope that the ELIO will happen. NOTHING, not one shred of possibility can I find. Please, show me?

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How does one provide copies of contracts, documentation and URL's for materials which do NOT exist? The onus is on the dreamers who think these things are real. Read Comau's Feb 2014 PR on the possible future relationship with Elio www.comau.com
Comau is a public company, part of Fiat. No mention of Elio (as required by obligation to shareholders) in the annual report. I have spent a lot of time following every possible lead, looking for hope that the ELIO will happen. NOTHING, not one shred of possibility can I find. Please, show me?

You might want to read some of the information from the post below.
The Press release you mentioned.............
http://www.comau.com/eng/press/digital_release/Documents/PRrelase_Comau_and_Elio.pdf
complete with URL.
The burden of proof, or onus, is yours. As far as an obligation to mention a specific contract in the report, that would, if it existed, fall under the Fiat S.p.A. report.
But overall, you appear to be chasing after something that would reflect negatively on Elio.

The posts keep going around and around and end up with "1500 jobs" and "delayed funding".
So I did some research and decided to target (you guessed it) the lawsuit.
The first thing to do is to find a search phrase. I used "Stephanie Lynch v. Elio Motors"
I came up with a bunch of stuff, but some of the items of interest.............
(These are not exact quotes)
The original comment on jobs was 'start off with about 800 jobs' up to 1500 in full production.
So I guess 1500 was always an "end game" not a starting point.
And we all know that politics make strange bedfellows. But Lynch and Williams both against the Elio deal to start and then Williams' racist rant on fish?
But the strange thing is the mysterious mystery tenant that weaves it's way through these stories.
If there ever was full funding, is there any question why it disappeared?
Here are the links for your reading pleasure.

(paragraph 2 ------ familiar names?)
(Mystery tenant)
.........."According to John Escude- and his fellow Caddo Parish commissioners Michael Williams, Michael Thibodeaux, and Stephanie Lynch-"..............
http://gas2.org/2014/05/01/another-company-may-snatch-elio-motors-factory/

(Lawsuit)
https://www.eliomotors.com/ksla-plant/

(Lawsuit)
http://www.carnewscafe.com/2013/09/elio-will-get-plant-judge-denies-request-block-funding-caddo/

(800 jobs to start)
........"Elio says he’ll create roughly 800 jobs for the first round of production, and will begin hiring in early 2015."..........
http://airherald.com/elio-motors-funding-delay-sets-back-production-to-2105/1259/

(Lawsuit)
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/2323390...es-suit-to-stop-deal-to-buy-gm-plant-for-elio

(Mystery tenant)
http://archive.shreveporttimes.com/article/20131203/NEWS0503/312040018/Elio-go-Some-say-no-

(Mystery tenant)
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...io-at-plant-manny-moe-jack-to-service-trikes/

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You might want to read some of the information from the post below.
The Press release you mentioned.............
http://www.comau.com/eng/press/digital_release/Documents/PRrelase_Comau_and_Elio.pdf
complete with URL.
The burden of proof, or onus, is yours. As far as an obligation to mention a specific contract in the report, that would, if it existed, fall under the Fiat S.p.A. report.
But overall, you appear to be chasing after something that would reflect negatively on Elio.

Implying that I have not read the PR is simply rude. I am not looking for "something that would reflect negatively". To the contrary, as stated, my search is for any positive sign? It is absurd to suggest the burden of proof is mine. Until there is sufficient financing, there is no need for any contracts. And there are no contracts for the plant, to suppliers or Comau that anyone has produced TO DATE. I would very much love to have an Elio. The facts just don't support it happening in the next few years.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Implying that I have not read the PR is simply rude. I am not looking for "something that would reflect negatively". To the contrary, as stated, my search is for any positive sign? It is absurd to suggest the burden of proof is mine. Until there is sufficient financing, there is no need for any contracts. And there are no contracts for the plant, to suppliers or Comau that anyone has produced TO DATE. I would very much love to have an Elio. The facts just don't support it happening in the next few years.

Not trying to be rude.
When someone cites something it is a courtesy to post a URL.
Makes it a lot easier when we are all talking from the same info.
As far as the "burden of proof", that is traditional law in the USA.
As far as what the facts do or don't support, while we would all like to know about major investments, we probably won't know anything until it happens.
Frustrating? Heck yes, but the upper case yelling to emphasize things is more annoying than effective.
Hope the URLs I provided give you some useful information.

Reid3400

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IIRC the URL you provided is from Feb 2014. The "burden of proof" is with Elio Motors. Other than the long ago filled contract for 16 Geo Metro motors, I can find no record of the very private workings of Elio Motors. Quite a contrast to the public PR campaign. My greatest fear after obtaining the necessary start-up financing, is the NTSB. An enclosed vehicle may not meet the definition of a motorcycle, even if it has 3 wheels? And there are many motorcycles which fail to meet US DOT standards, so can not be imported. Lots of hoops to jump through yet.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
interesting issues ... my bet is EM and their attorneys have covered all of them plus a good many that haven't been mentioned .... to the best of my knowledge none of the folks on this form have access to the inside info on which decisions are being made .... with that being the case, I don't find I can get too excited about not knowing something or not having access to all of the info I'd really love to know .... we can guess all we want but the fact is, we are making pure guesses

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IIRC the URL you provided is from Feb 2014. The "burden of proof" is with Elio Motors. Other than the long ago filled contract for 16 Geo Metro motors, I can find no record of the very private workings of Elio Motors. Quite a contrast to the public PR campaign. My greatest fear after obtaining the necessary start-up financing, is the NTSB. An enclosed vehicle may not meet the definition of a motorcycle, even if it has 3 wheels? And there are many motorcycles which fail to meet US DOT standards, so can not be imported. Lots of hoops to jump through yet.

On the URL I provided......... Went to Comau web site and did a search on "Elio".
That was the only thing I came up with.
There is no civil or criminal action so there is no burden.
Guess the Geo Metro motors are a non issue since they won't be used.
That's the good (or bad) thing about a closely held private corporation. They don't have to allow people to poke around in their business. Keeps people like Ralph Nader out of their business. (which I think is a good thing)
The NTSB investigates accidents. Mostly aircraft and trains. Sometimes bridge failures. I think you mean NHTSA. Right now federal regulations in the US define anything with three wheels as a motorcycle. Helmets and such stuff are controlled by the individual states.
If you feel you must get concerned about something, worry about Commissioner Williams down in Caddo Parish trying to get the DOJ involved in something that is none of their business to cover his activities.
You might want to contact your Provincial government and get them to make Elios legal where you are rather than waiting until you want one and can't legally get one. That's something that Elio did in the US.
-----------
Added 7:03P 05/17/2015
The URLs I was referring to were in the bottom quote.
About seven of them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom