• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Carl Icahn Want Pep Boys To Exit The Auto Repair Business!

Aprilia

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm more than willing to give him a break. The problem I have with him is he claims Forbes, Barons, and other magazines as his source of information but when called on to cite a URL or cite a specific article he is silent and goes away for a while. Then comes pack and cites unnamed people in Icahn's organization as the source rather Icahn himself as he originally asserted . But he never cites URLs for his claims. When he starts providing proper citations for his assertions I'll be more than happy to listen to him. Until then I'll figure he lives under a bridge.

FYI...You have to be a subscriber to Barron's & WSJ to view those digital article's... so those URL links would not work for most on this forum...

But...please do some internet research ...dozens of great article's with regards to Pep Boys and the Icahn buyout!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI...You have to be a subscriber to Barron's & WSJ to view those digital article's... so those URL links would not work for most on this forum...

But...please do some internet research ...dozens of great article's with regards to Pep Boys and the Icahn buyout!
Then I suggest you start using the search feature for this site before posting a new thread for something that has already been discussed.
You could avoid rehashing items that have already been looked at and analyzed extensively.

Dustman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the reason I rarely post here anymore. Don't get me wrong, I've always been very pro Elio; however, I enjoy looking at many different angles of a story. IMO, this site has become Elio-evangelical or Go-away. Even moderators seem to be more close minded now. Thank you to those that continue to bring relevant information and opinions to the discussion, even if it not entirely positive in nature.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

If those links don't work for us, but they do work for you; do a copy and paste of the articles you refer to so we can have more than second hand information. Do make sure to include editor, source and date.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is the reason I rarely post here anymore. Don't get me wrong, I've always been very pro Elio; however, I enjoy looking at many different angles of a story. IMO, this site has become Elio-evangelical or Go-away. Even moderators seem to be more close minded now. Thank you to those that continue to bring relevant information and opinions to the discussion, even if it not entirely positive in nature.
Actually, I don't think much has changed, we sit here putting our B S out, many folks ask questions/provide input , who are not totally aligned. I happen to be pessimistic that that the E won't get here before 2017. Actual crumbs of FACT get digested and regurgitated, and interpreted on divergent mind sets. Overall, I'd suggest we are a civilized, calm,and respective of each other group. Negative comments have always had a place here, comments who's only purpose is to create conflict, and sit back and watch the rifts, is not needed here, there are other sites to plant seeds of distortion and lies.
I speak only for myself, and aside from the Elio, this is an educational site, where I've learned much about designing, planning and building cars, folks who know materials used in the build, explanations of investing, recipes , good jokes etc.
I hope you will keep the faith as we (ALL potential buyers) wait for our E.
My take-away if it never happens I've made a contribution to the future of transportation and made many friends here

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I must jump in the game for a second. Em made the whole pep-boys thing into a PR moment. It gave EM credence at a particular point in time. But you know, this doesn't matter to the Elio success as much as you might think.

There are other outlets for both parts and repairs, with trained mechanics. Em would have to scramble to set up something that looks nice to the pubic side. It is doable. But if Pep-Boys falls off the edge of the world it's not that big a deal, not at this point. 1 year ago? yes a little more so.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I don't think much has changed, we sit here putting our B S out, many folks ask questions/provide input , who are not totally aligned. I happen to be pessimistic that that the E won't get here before 2017. Actual crumbs of FACT get digested and regurgitated, and interpreted on divergent mind sets. Overall, I'd suggest we are a civilized, calm,and respective of each other group. Negative comments have always had a place here, comments who's only purpose is to create conflict, and sit back and watch the rifts, is not needed here, there are other sites to plant seeds of distortion and lies.
I speak only for myself, and aside from the Elio, this is an educational site, where I've learned much about designing, planning and building cars, folks who know materials used in the build, explanations of investing, recipes , good jokes etc.
I hope you will keep the faith as we (ALL potential buyers) wait for our E.
My take-away if it never happens I've made a contribution to the future of transportation and made many friends here
You take some flack for being the devil's advocate, but at least you are stating your own honest assessments.
Sometimes I'm a bit surprised how you tackle the real trolls down to the ground. But I shouldn't be.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You take some flack for being the devil's advocate, but at least you are stating your own honest assessments.
Sometimes I'm a bit surprised how you tackle the real trolls down to the ground. But I shouldn't be.
AriLea, I like your post. Long standing members shouldn't have to take flack from anyone for stating personal honest assesments. We shouldn't all be expected to sing the same tune as Elio fans and supporters.................real trolls that pop in and out periodically........another issue.

Top Bottom