• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Class Action Elio Lawsuit Has Over 800 Signatures...

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd just like to point out that gas pumps don't work so well without power, either. However, solar panels can produce power as long as the earth keeps spinning...and many people are taking advantage of this during the PG&E outages.

Solar works fine during the day, but not at night since most people don't have batteries to store the energy, plus the excess is sent back to the grid. How's the working?

Many of the technologies that are part of everyday life have come out of solving problems related to space exploration. Outside of consumerism, space exploration inspire...it asks people to challenge their myopic view of existence.

If you can make a rocket land on planet Earth, you can probably make it land on many other planetary bodies in our solar system. It makes us a space faring species...and I certainly find that exciting.

A lot of people are looking at the wrong things if they don't know the truth of their existence.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That makes no sense to me at all. What does our existence have to do with space exploration? It's like comparing a MLB baseball team to making a pastry. No relation at all.
Makes perfect sense if you know what I'm talking about, but I'm not going to get into it here.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Solar works fine during the day, but not at night since most people don't have batteries to store the energy, plus the excess is sent back to the grid. How's the working?

Many people with solar installs also utilize battery back-up for their systems...specifically to use at night, or when the grid goes down.

A lot of people are looking at the wrong things if they don't know the truth of their existence.

My comment had no religious connotation, it was simply meant as an exesstential one. You can certainly draw religion into a discussion about existentialism, but I had no intention of doing so.

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“Many people with solar installs also utilize battery back-up for their systems...specifically to use at night, or when the grid goes down.”

I think that’s accurate: Many do, but most don’t..... I cannot find numbers anywhere on the Googles but I’m quite sure that a great majority of Solar Power users’ incentive and principle function is to supply power to the (operating) electrical power grid. They gat credits which offsets their nighttime and poor weather use, and make them feel good. (I’ll stop there!)

Sure some have varying amounts of storage capacity: many have none, many have very limited 12 vdc auxiliary too. The main thrust of the Solar Industry is to supplant power to the grid while we ostensibly wait for much better batteries and/or slow discharging capacitors to enter the marketplace.

Maybe some were sold on the ‘general merits’ and didn’t ever plan on rolling blackouts: when the ‘grid’ is down most are ‘dead in the water.’ A rude awakening! As an aside, by some accounts that whole industry is fast filling with fast talking hucksters...might be an opportunity for Paul and Hari to look into! Paul’s roofing experience and Hari’s entrepreneurial spirit would be a great fit.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
might be an opportunity for Paul and Hari to look into! Paul’s roofing experience and Hari’s entrepreneurial spirit would be a great fit.
Don't forget Bob Glaspie (the "G" from ESG Engineering). He works for Tesla right now and that would be a great tie in for the solar panel business. If Paul called Bob and told Bob, "Tell Elon to give me a call, I got a great opportunity for him." When Elon gives Paul a call, Paul can tell him about the Elio and how it would make for the first cheap EV for everyone. Car is done but only needs some batteries and a motor (which Elon has plenty of). Manufacturing plant is ready and could even be used for the extra Model 3 production too. I'm thinking of a deal like, Get the deluxe Tesla Solar Panel package and we will throw in a Tesla By Elio EV for free.

With this generating sales for the Tesla By Elio EV, Paul can finish the real Elio.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
“Many people with solar installs also utilize battery back-up for their systems...specifically to use at night, or when the grid goes down.”

I think that’s accurate: Many do, but most don’t..... I cannot find numbers anywhere on the Googles but I’m quite sure that a great majority of Solar Power users’ incentive and principle function is to supply power to the (operating) electrical power grid. They gat credits which offsets their nighttime and poor weather use, and make them feel good. (I’ll stop there!)

Sure some have varying amounts of storage capacity: many have none, many have very limited 12 vdc auxiliary too. The main thrust of the Solar Industry is to supplant power to the grid while we ostensibly wait for much better batteries and/or slow discharging capacitors to enter the marketplace.

Perhaps I should have phrased it as "Many new solar installations opt for battery back-up..."

It hasn't been until relatively recently that the cost of battery storage (and the space required for meaningful storage) has come down to levels that made economic sense. Also, TOU rates have become popular in certain parts of the country that help make the investment in battery storage more economically appealing.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
By some accounts that whole solar industry is fast filling with fast talking hucksters...might be an opportunity for Paul and Hari to look into! Paul’s roofing experience and Hari’s entrepreneurial spirit would be a great fit.

Paul and Hari certainly have the “take the money and run”...than “disappear” qualifications!

Maybe they can get a loan from the Department of Energy to finance this new solar venture! LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom